Vista unattended Guide A little Guide for you
Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:55 AM
Thanks! That's helpful... except we also can't D/L the VU_Batchs.exe file he links from the PDF. Does anyone have that floating around to post?
Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:16 AM
Whay cant i open the links of the guide.
I get this message
You don't have permission to access /en/introduction.html on this server.
Please help me i need this guide to realize my Unattend Vista Installation
Waiting for somebody help
Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:52 PM
Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:25 PM
Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:08 PM
Following the idea of sharing, here is my unattended Vista Guide. It's a mixture between docs of WAIK and own experiences praticing with Vista unattended setups.
I've started writing German Vista guidlines a while ago and got a lot request meanwhile to translate parts of it to English. The guide is still under progress but a lot of stuff is available now:
NEW: Sitemap / TOC
2. Installing Tools
3. Prepare Lab System
4. VU Batch Modules
5. Building a Basic Answer File using WSIM
6. Partitioning and Partitioning XML snippets
7. Creating Vista ISO
8. Injecting drivers into install.wim
9. Installing drivers directly from media
10. Integrating Updates into install.wim
11. Installing Applications from media
12. Importing Regtweaks
13. Copying over user profile to Default User (makes sense for User Regtweaks)
I'm not a to well html programer, so I know that there are still some issues with layout on different browsers, but it's working mainly.
If you've any problems with the guide please post in this thread!
Please DO NOT ask for settings, which are not described in the guide in this thread.
This thread supposed to be for error reporting and feedback only!
1. I've tested the guide on 32 bit OS only, updates for 64 bit will come any time later.
2. I've tested all the described procedures carefully. However it could happen, that something will not run on your system like described.
3. This is NOT a one click and go guide! It's for people how like to know, how to setup without any third party tools.
Everything is translated now!
i get this when i click on the links in this guide. here is the message Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /en/drivers_from_stick_or_dvd.html on this server.
Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:44 AM
OK! I have been playing around with adding my sp1 and sp2 to Vista and have created the versions I want with these service packs integrated and working...
I would like to integrate all the available updates to my new creations with sp1 and sp2 added and wondered what waik I should use?
Several versions are out now and I just would like to be certain before trying to integrate all updates etc...
Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:46 AM
I ran PrepLab.cmd and everything seemed to go OK, but when looking at building folder structure I can't see the environment variables that should be showing when looking at file structure in VistaWork...
- ← Windows cannot parse the unattend answer file's
- Unattended Windows Vista/Server 2008
- No network connection →