.SIF Issue

Hello All

I am new to this forum. I just tried out to make a Unattended file using winXp deploy tool. I followed the instruction step by step.

After the file was created i had WINNT.SIF with no .txt extension. I placed the file in /i386. When i tried to install WinXP on a Virtual PC for test i got the following error.

Error Description:

The Following value in the .SIF file used by setup is corrupted or missing:

Value 0 on the line in section [sourceDisksFiles] with key "xpsp2res.dll."

Setup cannot continue. To quit setup, press F3

Here is my .SIF Detail created by WinXP Deploy Tool

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=No

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=190

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****

FullName="AAAAA"

OrgName="BBBB"

ComputerName=CCCCC

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Please help me out where i am going wrong.

Regards

Dragon

The error message you posted indicates a problem with the TXTSETUP.SIF file (found in the I386 folder), not with your WINNT.SIF file.

Have you modified your TXTSETUP.SIF file in any way or integrated any Service Packs or Hotfixes?

If you haven't modified your TXTSETUP.SIF file then it may have been corrupted while integrating a Service Pack or Hotfix.

If you don't know exactly where you went wrong you should probably start again. Run through nLite with just the basic options (Windows XP + SP2) and see if you can produce a working unattended setup. Once you have a basic working unattended setup then start adding components and making customisations. Be careful with the more aggressive nlite options particularly the remove components section. The best advice is to make a small number of changes at a time, testing that your unattended setup still works after each change. This makes it much easier to identify and resolve problems with your setup.

Hello Gtaylor

Thanks for the response. I tried again to integrate hotfix using nlite. But again got the same error.

This time i gave a try to Ryanvm integrator and it worked fine. Also the Unattended file woked perfectly :)

Thanks for your help. Will try to integrate few application and office today :) using Runoncecmd.exe.

Regards

Dragon