Important / "Stickified" / Pinned Windows 95/98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME Topics
Please see FYI #1 + FYI #2 at bottom of this list.
Unofficial Windows 98 FE (First Edition), 98 SP1 (Service Pack 1), 98 SE (Second Edition) + ME (Millennium Edition):
- Supported Hardware, Software + Games:
- shae: SATA to IDE adapters: which/what/why?
- Sfor: Asus Eee PC and Windows 9x
- Queue: [9x/Me] Surviving Without a Virus Scanner
- Rjecina: Modern Motherboards that work with 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME
- galahs: Compatible Hardware with 9x
- Multibooter: SDHC & micro-SDHC card readers for Windows 98
- galahs: Last Versions of Software supported by 98 SE/ME
- Tihiy: Unofficial nVidia drivers 82.69 for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME
- dencorso: nVidia GeForce and Win 9x/ME - Relevant Threads
- RetroOS: Sound Blaster Live!/Audigy series Drivers for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME + DOS
- dencorso: Big HDD + 48-bit LBA + HDDs > 137 GB with 9x/ME
- oc_dt: Using big USB HDDs with Win 9x/ME (0.5 TiB or larger HDDs)
- dencorso: Run 9x/ME with > 1 GB RAM
- cannie: How to install Windows 98 in modern motherboards using more than 1 GB
- cannie: How to create easily a second Win98/XP in the same computer
- Dave-H: Puzzling Registry Size Issue
- Glenn9999: DOS Programs + Drivers
- Multibooter: How to archive old floppies for access under Win98
- Offler: Gaming Guide
- CharlotteTheHarlot: System Internals Utilities that work with Win9x/ME
- LoneCrusader: Windows 95 2.1GHz CPU Limit BROKEN!
- RLoew: nVidia Video Driver Shutdown Fix
- ragnargd: Research on ICH7/8/9/10 for Dual boot W98SE/WX
- Service Packs (SP):
- Component, Cumulative, Native Drivers, Updater, Update + Upgrade Packs:
- winxpi: Upgrade Pack (WUPG) for 98/98 SP1/98 SE
- Maximus-Decim: Cumulative Update (MDCU) for 98 SE
- Maximus-Decim: Native USB Drivers (NUSB) for 98 SE
- PassingBy: Native USB Drivers (NUSB98FE) for 98/98 SP1
- Maximus-Decim: Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 Component Update (MDIE6CU) for 98 SE
- the_guy: Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 Updater (IE6UPD) for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME = *discontinued September 2006*
- Maximus-Decim: MDAC Update (MDDACU) for 98 SE
- the_guy: Windows Media Player 9.0 (WMP9) for 98/98 SP1 = *link only*
- erpdude8: Windows Media Player 9.0 (WMP9) Update Rollup Pack (URP) for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME = *link only*
- Maximus-Decim: Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) for 98 SE
- ProblemChyld: System Restore (SR) for 98/98 SP1/98 SE
- marxo: Movie Maker (MM) for 98/98 SP1/98 SE
- Kelsenellenelvian: Windows Post-Install Wizard (WPI) Classic for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME
- Hotfixes, Patches + Updates:
- Enhancements, Replacements + Transformation Packs:
- MDGx: 98SE2ME: Killer Replacements: ME -> 98 SE for 98 SE
- Tihiy: Revolutions Pack (RP): XP/Vista style Skins for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME
- Xeno86: KernelEx: Install + run NTx/XP software/games for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME
- Maximus-Decim: Plus! Windows ME Style (MDCUPL) for 98 SE
- Tihiy: ClearType for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME
- MDGx: 98MP10: Killer Replacements: WMP10 XP + XP SP3 -> 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME
- M()zart: userenv.dll (beta) for 9x/ME
- Tihiy: GDI Heap Extender (beta) for 98/98 SE/ME
- BeatZero: Windows 98 SE Live CD (98LIVECD)
- Comprehensive Packs: A-P, PP, Driverpacks + UBCD98:
- soporific: Auto-Patcher (A-P) for 98 SE = *last update December 2008*
- jimmsta: Power Pack (PP) for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME = *discontinued January 2008*
- soporific: Driverpacks + Unattended Boot CD (UBCD98) for 98 SE = *development frozen, but still maintained*
Per forum members request I have "trimmed" down the number of topics actually listed under "Important Topics" here:
for easier layout reading, because some of us still use lower desktop screen resolutions.
All project authors, creators + maintainers:
Please do *not* create a new forum topic/thread every time you update your project(s) or whenever you post a new update/edition/build/release/version/etc.
This way all pinned/"stickified" ones will *always* be listed here.
Instead, I suggest [if you are the topic creator] you:
- edit + update the 1st post of each topic;
- add the date + the new version/build [if appropriate] into each topic subtitle;
to let every1 know when/why you posted a new update/edition/build/release/version/etc.
But if for any reason you need to create a new topic, please PM me with the new URL so I can add it to this list.
Thanks for understanding, and keep up your outstanding work.