ASUS Board users - is this normal?

betamax

This is kind of a weird question but, when you restart your computer, does it take a few seconds before you hear the beep? I'm just curious. Everything seems fine, it's just that when I restart, the system shuts down as usual (the pc itself remains on). It waits long enough for my old CRT monitor to automatically turn off (no signal mode). About a second after the monitor shuts off, the computer beeps, and starts back up again normally. I'd say it's about a 5 second delay after shutdown before it starts up. I think I remember this happening on my old A7V266.

Also, another weird one:

Normally I boot up with quickboot enabled (skips memory test). There's one POST beep, and then it boots up. However, I decided to disable quickboot just one time to have it fully test the memory. There was one POST beep, and then the memory test began. After the memory test finished w/o error, it began to boot up. Just after it shows that table of all your motherboard settings, and just before you get the winxp loading screen, I heard another beep. Sounds just like the normal POST beep. The memory seems fine. I had been running two identical 1G sticks of kingston valueram in slots A1 and A2. After I realized they were both in the same channel and not utilizing the dual channel feature, I removed the stick from A2 and put it in B1. That's about it.

This this normal? Is my baby okay?!

Edited by betamax

This this normal? Is my baby okay?!

Just give him a bottle of warm milk and a pat on the back after :lol: Just kidding.... Your baby`s ok.

EDIT:

Don't forget to change the pampers every once in a while :P

Edited by nitroshift

well i just got a asus P5N32-E sli board with a (i know) a celeron d 331 and 2 sticks of kinston ram and it does sorta the same thing

hit the power button powers up second later beeps starts post and ram test finishes and beeps loads windows then it will just shut down for no reason ocasionaly just like someone hit the power button

wont restart itself from windows shuts down ok and wont start back up on its own but will shut down fine

the thing runs hotter than hell on a phone book it ran in the low 60's in a case with 3 fans it ran in the mid 90's (least thats what the program i use in windows tels me) from the bios's moniter it says low 30's

Edited by xpforall