Black sreen in windows vista setup

Hello,

On the last stage of the windows vista setup a black screen appears for quite a while. The windows vista logo then appears and the installation is then over. Does anyone know of a way to get a background on this part of the setup. I tried the themes in oobesystem with no luck. Thank you.

Hello,

On the last stage of the windows vista setup a black screen appears for quite a while. The windows vista logo then appears and the installation is then over. Does anyone know of a way to get a background on this part of the setup. I tried the themes in oobesystem with no luck. Thank you.

Do you have a OEM version?

if u r performing unattended setup, thn tht black screen is due to sysprep command ( as far i have experience with it ) at tht time..sysprep command executes actions according to ur answer file..but i also cant figure out why it took too much time to prepare actions during tht black screen :}

I have had that problem too. The answer: SkipMachineOOBE. For about five minutes setup is testing the performance of your computer. If the SkipMachineOOBE is set to 1 than you will not see it test the various components and instead receive a blank screen to essentially "skip" the testing phase. It still tests your computer you just do not see anything.

The same may be true for SkipUserOOBE but I have not tested this theory yet.