nLite 1.3 Allow user creation (or rename) on install.

msdemich

My nLite CDs used to allow me to name my user during install. But now with 1.3 it will not allow me to rename the user on install but only after install. XP Install doesn't even prompt me to change the default username "administrator" even though UnattendMode=ProvideDefault.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

I think u removed "out of box experience(OOBE)" and/or "internet explorer core" from "operating system options" in components

> use nlite again and in components hit "Compatibility" and select "windows activation and sysprep"

Edited by zikozoko

Thanks i'll try that now.

EDIT: Under "Operating System Options" I only removed the "search assistant" and the "Tour". Do I need them in order to allow user rename during install?

Thanks again.

Edited by msdemich

but do u use unattended ? if u do then: disable "active" option from administrator account in users tab

Thanks! I had the default account "active" box checked. But when I try to proceed with that box unchecked I get the error

"You should have at least one active user or you wont be able to login"

any ideas?

Edited by msdemich

Administrator account must be remain acctive for installtion of Windows. If it also disable so windows Dos't have any user to logon so error occored and XP will abnormal.

If this is true, then how is it possible to get OOBE to run at all?

but do u use unattended ? if u do then: disable "active" option from administrator account in users tab

i meant :don't use active administrator if u add your account and to make only your account active but if u didn't add any accounts u must keep admin account active

and for OOBE just do what i told u before in in my first post and every thing will be fine

Sorry, I still don't understand.

I do not disable OOBE in nLite, and I do not remove any required components. If I check "active" for the administrator account the install will skip OOBE. If I uncheck "active" ont he administrator account (and bypass the warning) then Windows will install but I cannot login (blank welcome screen).

All I want to do is allow the user to create his own username on install.