I am goofing up my nlite creation...

discmelter

Hi all,

I have been turned on to this wonderful program a couple of weeks ago, & have been using it, or rather trying to. But I am having a couple "quirks" with my ISO creation. I am missing something during creation, but I can't seem to figure out what or where. I am slipstreaming only XP Home & SP2, no drivers, hotfixes, etc.

1. When I boot from the CD, during the install, all goes well, but at one point I am prompted to enter Name/Workgroup. I obviously don't want this, as I am after an unattended install.

2. After install is complete, on each boot, I am given the log in screen - choose Owner or User. I want to boot directly to desktop, I have no need for the additional account.

I know these are easy ones for you experienced users, but this noob is stuck! I have run the program several times, & for some reason, I can't figure out where I am goofing up at.

Thank you discmelter :)

Edited by discmelter

Sounds like you need to enter those details on the unattended section - that is the step where you get the option of entering your serial number. The network name etc. are on the other tabs.

I also remove the oobe (out of box experience) which gets rid of the need to enter user details etc.

Sounds like you need to enter those details on the unattended section - that is the step where you get the option of entering your serial number. The network name etc. are on the other tabs.

I also remove the oobe (out of box experience) which gets rid of the need to enter user details etc.

Yes, I agree I am missing that part - I will look it over Real close when I do it again.

Also, I removed the 2nd. account, but now I get the password prompt box when I start windows. I guess that is another setting I am overlooking too. Problem is, there are several options I don't fully understand, even after looking over the guides.

I have been reading threads that allow you to include the activation, so it will already be activated when installed, but I am confused by the methods! Is there an easy way to do that?

Thank you :-)

Edited by discmelter

1-remove OOBE or check skip OOBE in unattended general tab

2-in unattended go to users tab then add your account and make it active and at password options check "blank password"

3-uncheck active option from administrator account

4-at autologon select your account

"be sure to keep "oem preinstall" enabled on general tab

"all goes well, but at one point I am prompted to enter Name/Workgroup" >>unplug network cable during xp installation

Edited by zikozoko

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have been working on creating the successful CD, I am pretty close. I am still ending up with a 2nd. used account that I have to delete when the install is completed, but I will keep at it!

Any ideas on this one?

I have been reading threads that allow you to include the activation, so it will already be activated when installed, but I am confused by the methods! Is there an easy way to do that?