[Help] Compaq Recovery CDs to DVD

Rebeldawg

I'm not sure where this belongs so hopefully it's in the right place but I was wondering if it was possible to convert

6 recovery cds made by a program that was originally installed on my compaq presario pc to dvd as I no longer

have the original Windows XP installed and can't seem to reinstall as I get errors when trying to install XP using the

cds that was created... I managed to get the files copied over to my hard drive using a file recovery program so

hopefully someone will be able to assist me in converting 6 cds to 1 dvd... thanks in advance!

Edited by Rebeldawg

Why would you even want to save those old CD's that you can't use anyway.

It's redundant! Throw them in a drawer someplace and forget about them.

If they were something important, or critical,

or something you need to send half way around the world,

just make ISO's of each CD, then run it through 7Zip to compress it

and then save as many as you can to each DVD('s.)

I use this technique to send several CD's half way around the world by mail....on a single DVD.

Not to save space....that's no problem, but to save postage. :whistle:

Then the person on the other end can just click the compressed ISO to reconstitute it and then burn it to a new CD with Nero or any suitable Cd burning software.

Job done.

Cheers mate!

B)

Rebeldawg, I would suggest ditching the recovery CDs and familiarizing yourself with Acronis True Image Home Edition. You can use it to create an ISO to burn the Rescue Media, and then uninstall it.

Boot to the CD, image your HDD and save the image on another partition, HDD, DVD, or flash drive. The Rescue Media Full Edition is 35.6 MBs. You can carry that around on a flash drive and image from it on systems that support booting to a USB mass storage device.