Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Batch Patcher 2.00

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

pcalvert

pcalvert

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 21-May 05

I wrote a program that I've been using on Windows ME and XP to apply a number of patches at once to the system.

Is there any reason why this program wouldn't run on Windows 98 SE?

Phil

"Thinking is hard work, which is why so few people do it." - Henry Ford

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Glenn9999

Glenn9999

• PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Joined 23-April 07

Is there any reason why this program wouldn't run on Windows 98 SE?

There is no reason that I know of that it shouldn't work on Windows 98 SE. However, I can only claim that it works on something when I tested it and know it works. That happens to be Windows ME and Windows XP. If it happens to work on other things (and it reasonably should) that I can't test it on, great! In fact, it'd be great to know what it works on and doesn't work on outside of what I can test.

lulu

lulu
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-August 09
WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD PROGRAM???

I wrote a program that I've been using on Windows ME and XP to apply a number of patches at once to the system.

The basic idea of how it works: There's an interactive mode and non-interactive mode. Select the patches (or provide the directory on the command line) and then it runs the patches then offers to reboot. More details are in the text file with the program.

Comments or questions welcome in this thread.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,816 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD PROGRAM???

Instead of SHOUTING:
http://www.msfn.org/...ead-t18408.html

11. Do not use CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members. Using unnecessary font formatting (i.e., bold font, increased font sizes, colored fonts, etc.) on the full body of posts is also discouraged.

simply READ the thread:
your post is this one:
http://www.msfn.org/...54-page-27.html
just scroll up 6 posts or click here:
http://www.msfn.org/...54-page-21.html
the program is in the attachment.

jaclaz

pompeyrodney

pompeyrodney
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 12-October 07

I can't say I know the issue, since the link works fine for me and always has. :S

And I can't change the attachment facility link upon edit either, so really can't do much more.

Hi Glen
I just found your program but am also unable to download it. I get a blank window and if I add the link to free Download Manager it says file not found on server?

Glenn9999

Glenn9999

• PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Joined 23-April 07

I just found your program but am also unable to download it. I get a blank window and if I add the link to free Download Manager it says file not found on server?

http://www.msfn.org/...54-page-21.html

Edited by Glenn9999, 20 December 2009 - 09:56 AM.

Glenn9999

Glenn9999

• PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Joined 23-April 07

Version 2.00 is released and can be found on the first post.  The main change is that it supports CAB files via pkgmgr and dism and MSU via wusa.  I tested it against Windows 8.1 and Windows XP.  Given I used the same code base for handling EXE, there shouldn't be any reason why it shouldn't support Windows ME as well.

Edited by Glenn9999, 29 July 2014 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users