NVidia drivers 82.69

Tihiy

PCI-E, 512MB of RAM in the system as of now.

I have a cheapo Geforce 210 and I have a feeling it is based on a really old design..... I should give that ago, but the fact it has 1GB of VRAM makes me a bit nervous...

The Universal VESA/VBE Video Display Driver VBEMP 9x should work for Nvidia 8xxxx, but it's a very simple driver and does not provide any kind of 3D hardware acceleration (DirectX & OpenGL). The VBEMP works with the Nvidia 8600GT 256MB PCI-E. In most cases 512MB (and more) VRAM isn't possible. The unofficial Nvidia drivers 82.69 doesn't support NV8xxx cards!

512 MB system RAM is safe.

CPU HT support? On some machines I've to disable Hyperthreading.

Important: 98 and ME only support four IDE devices. If you use only SATA devices disable the onboard Gigabyte SATA/IDE controller in BIOS.

Set the "SATA AHCI Mode" of the ICH8 SATA controller to disabled. It switches to IDE Mode. Set "SATA PORT0-3 Native Mode" (ICH8) to disabled. It switches to IDE Mode.

Or does your system boot with the onboard Gigabyte SATA/IDE controller enabled? Do your HDdrive work with DOS compatibility mode? If not, did you enabled DMA for the drives? Better answer in the P965 topic.

Edited by schwups

• 2 months later...

I'm having an issue with my 7800GS and a DOS game. When I launch it, the monitor immediately goes out of range when it starts playing the intro movie. I think it's because it's playing at an odd resolution (640x400).

Would adding that resolution to the inf fix the problem? And where all would I need to add it to?

Edited by [FMC]Ravage

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone^^ In the past few days I tried to install the driver of my gts 250 on windows 98 without result :/ Appears this error "WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR. YOU NEED TO RESTART"... So I'm thinking to buy a geforce 7900 gt 256 mb pci-express. I found it at 30 euro in my country. (Italy). It will run on windows 98?

Edited by junior600

Probably yes. Some members reported, that this card work on 98/ME with the modded (extended) driver 82.69. But there is no guarantee. Nvidia supports 98/ME up to Geforce 6800. I have good experience with the Geforce 7800 GT 256MB. Be aware about the shutdown issue. I also recommend to disable all the energy saving features. :)

Probably yes. Some members reported, that this card work on 98/ME with the modded (extended) driver 82.69. But there is no guarantee. Nvidia supports 98/ME up to Geforce 6800. I have good experience with the Geforce 7800 GT 256MB. Be aware about the shutdown issue. I also recommend to disable all the energy saving features. :)

Thanks xD But I think I'll buy a geforce 7600 xfx PCIE ddr3 ahah I read it has a Zalman as cooler fan... Will it be a problem?

Should be doable likewise. Find the DEV number and make the changes to the .INF, and let's see how it goes.

BTW, here's what I know (but GeForce 6150 isn't among them, sorry):

• "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430" uses DEV = 03D0;
  • "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405" uses DEV = 03D1;
  • "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 400" uses DEV = 03D2;
  • "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 420" uses DEV = 03D5.

Regarding Post #342, integrated graphic " geforce 6150 nforce 430 ",
from http://pciids.sourceforge.net/v2.2/pci.ids ,
03D0 C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430]
(or check yourself, in Win98 using pci.zip ;
http://devel.no-ip.org/mirrors/members.datafast.net.au/dft0802/downloads.htm )

Post back to let us know how you go, with the drivers in Win98.

Edited by buyerninety

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone ;D I have found a person that sell me 2 geforce 6800 for 50 euro... Will they run on sli mode on windows 98? I don't know if I should buy 1 or 2 geforce 6800 :( I can't buy the geforce 7950 because i want to install windows nt 4.0 too...

Edited by junior600

I can't install the driver of my geforce 6200 le turbocache...

I thought that any PCIe video card with TurboCache was definately not functional under win-98. Has this changed?

TurboCache is a hardware feature that is only possible with PCIe (not AGP or PCI) cards - yes?