NVidia drivers 82.69

Tihiy

Of course, but as there DO exist some working drivers for the 6-series, you don't need it so badly compared to the 7 and 8 ones. I hope somebody with a newer card can report ASAP here if and how it works.

@ MDGx - On booting on, as systray is loading I've recently been getting a momentary black screen followed by a judder before loading resumes. I've made things easy on the Desk Manager by removing multiple users and multiple desktops options yet this phenomenon persists.

Anyone run these drivers with either a 7600GT or a 7950GT?

I'm looking to buy one of those cards, but want to make sure it will be error free. If not, I'll be stuck with a 6800

I'm running a 7600GT AGP and have a dual boot ME/XP and I installed the drivers linked to in this thread for Windows ME. They installed fine but I noticed that ME would not shut down properly with these installed. It would hang permanently. It reboots fine. I know it's these drivers because I did have a GF5900 and it would always shutdown. I don't game in Windows ME at all, I use XP for that so I can't say how they perform. But the shutdown hang is definitely an issue.

I'm running a 7600GT AGP and have a dual boot ME/XP and I installed the drivers linked to in this thread for Windows ME. They installed fine but I noticed that ME would not shut down properly with these installed. It would hang permanently. It reboots fine. I know it's these drivers because I did have a GF5900 and it would always shutdown. I don't game in Windows ME at all, I use XP for that so I can't say how they perform. But the shutdown hang is definitely an issue.
Yeah, I get that as well. :( However, that's not this specific driver's fault since I had the same problem with 81.93 before. It's present in all latest 9x drivers.

Yeah, I get that as well. :( However, that's not this specific driver's fault since I had the same problem with 81.93 before. It's present in all latest 9x drivers.

I was using the last official drivers for Win9x(81.98) off the Nvidia site previously with my 5900, no shutdown problems at all.

I was using the last official drivers for Win9x(81.98) off the Nvidia site previously with my 5900, no shutdown problems at all.
All NVidia drivers I've tried shut down properly.

But 81.95, 81.98 + 82.69 do not allow to restart Windows [by running WIN.COM], after closing Windows to native DOS [C:\ prompt].

@ MDGx - On booting on, as systray is loading I've recently been getting a momentary black screen followed by a judder before loading resumes. I've made things easy on the Desk Manager by removing multiple users and multiple desktops options yet this phenomenon persists.
This may be due to your monitor changing resolutions/frequencies on-the-fly.

Between resolutions, some monitors may make noises/clicks and/or display a black screen for a fraction of a second.

This depends on monitor brand, manufacturer and/or model.

Some are better than others.

This is characteristic mostly to CRTs.

HTH

All NVidia drivers I've tried shut down properly.

But 81.95, 81.98 + 82.69 do not allow to restart Windows [by running WIN.COM], after closing Windows to native DOS [C:\ prompt].

Actually all the drivers I tried for Windows ME shutdown properly....except these. Granted I only used official drivers from Nvidia with my GF5900. What i'm saying is I know it's not a problem with my Windows ME install. It never had a problem shutting down in the past until now, surprisingly.

Edited by streetlethal

Actually all the drivers I tried for Windows ME shutdown properly....except these. Granted I only used official drivers from Nvidia with my GF5900. What i'm saying is I know it's not a problem with my Windows ME install. It never had a problem shutting down in the past until now, surprisingly.
I guess NVidia rushed these drivers out the door [the problem is there may not be others, they stopped development for 9x OSes], without making sure compatibility with all API functions on all 98/ME OSes. :(

Personal preference:

I still like 82.69 better because they support more resolutions/frequencies and widescreen monitors.

I installed the 82.69mod drivers on a Windows 98 SE. For now, all seems to work (relatively) fine. The system is:

CPU Athlon64 3200+ @2400MHz

RAM 1Gb

MoBo Epox EP-9NDA3J (NForce3 Ultra, AGP slot, s.939)

GPU Geforce 7600GT AGP 256Mb @ 560/1450

Just a few notes:

1. The setup program refuses to install the drivers. It justs tells me I don't have a supported video card and exits. I had to install the drivers manually (by unpacking, then selecting "Have disk" etc.)

2. Pixel shaders 2.0 did not work initially. I used 3dMark03 for testing and the Mother Nature Test and the PS2.0 test (the elephant/rhino one) either locked the computer or produced severe visual anomalies (such as the elephant being black). However, after I installed the last (october 2006) DirectX 9.0c version (was 9.0b before that) and the 2.1a service pack, the problem went away.

3. Yes, I can't shutdown the computer anymore too!

4. In 2D all is fine. The 3D performance looks not quite bad - I was able to reach 12800 in 3dMark03 vs about 13100 in Windows XP SP2 (on the same machine). I played Unreal Tournament for quite some time and didn't have any problems. However, UT2003 seems to me a bit slow. Still playable, just a bit slow. I'll see into it later, maybe I will be able to fix it.

Edited by vbdasc

In latest NVidia drivers, i experienced bad performance in 3D and movie playing until

- i switched "monitor synchronization" from auto to something else

This may help.

I just installed a brand new XFX 7600GT, and when running the NV8269.EXE setup I get

Setup was unable to locate any NVIDIA graphics chips on this system

Nvidia's drivers installed fine on my XP partition. Anyone have any idea what's up?

I installed the 82.69mod drivers on a Windows 98 SE. For now, all seems to work (relatively) fine. The system is:

CPU Athlon64 3200+ @2400MHz

RAM 1Gb

MoBo Epox EP-9NDA3J (NForce3 Ultra, AGP slot, s.939)

GPU Geforce 7600GT AGP 256Mb @ 560/1450

Just a few notes:

1. The setup program refuses to install the drivers. It justs tells me I don't have a supported video card and exits. I had to install the drivers manually (by unpacking, then selecting "Have disk" etc.)

2. Pixel shaders 2.0 did not work initially. I used 3dMark03 for testing and the Mother Nature Test and the PS2.0 test (the elephant/rhino one) either locked the computer or produced severe visual anomalies (such as the elephant being black). However, after I installed the last (october 2006) DirectX 9.0c version (was 9.0b before that) and the 2.1a service pack, the problem went away.

3. Yes, I can't shutdown the computer anymore too!

4. In 2D all is fine. The 3D performance looks not quite bad - I was able to reach 12800 in 3dMark03 vs about 13100 in Windows XP SP2 (on the same machine). I played Unreal Tournament for quite some time and didn't have any problems. However, UT2003 seems to me a bit slow. Still playable, just a bit slow. I'll see into it later, maybe I will be able to fix it.

hello, was also trying a agp 7600gt on win98se, amd64 4000+, 1GB ram, mobo gigabyte nforce3...

exchanged my geforce 5700 against a 7600gt, was detected on bootup, drivers freshly installed , was able to change resolution and seems to work. but got some graphical 'glitches' in some games, then if found out that in the driver menu from nvidia the card was listed as 'unknown' but options were available. so i got the feeling this glithces maybe coming from the wrong expectation of the driver of hardware.... someoneelse got such behaviour?

greetings