Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

NVidia drivers 82.69

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

Kuschelbaerchen

Kuschelbaerchen
  • 2 posts
Hi loblo,

yes, my Geforce 7600 GT is a 512 MB AGP device. Can you tell me, where i find that RAM patch from Rudolf Loew? I just found dead links :(
Would like to check out the demo/trial.

Recently i tested a WDM-driver for any Geforce, which i found in web. But it was than a driver for video capturing and such rubbish.
I also tried ZakMcKracken's driver-mod, same as with the 82.69 driver, the installer did not find the Geforce chip, but installation by 'have disk' worked fine. However, when restarting - right before the moment, when desktop should appear - the computer hangs with blinking cursor. :(

Do you still have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Edited by Kuschelbaerchen, 20 November 2012 - 10:36 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Super Moderator
  • 5,793 posts

Donator

Try RLoew's backup site address. It seems the main address is still down due to that awful Hurricane Sandy.

rloew

rloew

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
My website with x10hosting was moved to rloew@x10host.com months ago. The company discontinued the x10hosting.com domain and forced everyone to choose alternate domains.
Use my Web Redirect at rloew1.no-ip.com as it is updated th handle changes or down websites.
Ye who enter my domain. Beware! Lest you become educated in the mysteries of the universe and suffer forever from the desire to know more.

oerg866

oerg866

• 44 posts
I have a P965-DS3 with a geforce 8500GT, no resource conflicts, but windows starts with a PROTECTION ERROR. Any fix? It is the 256M version of the card.

dencorso

dencorso

• Super Moderator
  • 5,793 posts

Donator

I don't recall any report of success with a geforce 8500GT, or any other 8xxx, regardless of how much RAM it carried. BTW, is it AGP or PCI-e?

oerg866

oerg866

• 44 posts
PCI-E, 512MB of RAM in the system as of now.

I have a cheapo Geforce 210 and I have a feeling it is based on a really old design..... I should give that ago, but the fact it has 1GB of VRAM makes me a bit nervous...

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

PCI-E, 512MB of RAM in the system as of now.

I have a cheapo Geforce 210 and I have a feeling it is based on a really old design..... I should give that ago, but the fact it has 1GB of VRAM makes me a bit nervous...

The Universal VESA/VBE Video Display Driver VBEMP 9x should work for Nvidia 8xxxx, but it's a very simple driver and does not provide any kind of 3D hardware acceleration (DirectX & OpenGL). The VBEMP works with the Nvidia 8600GT 256MB PCI-E. In most cases 512MB (and more) VRAM isn't possible. The unofficial Nvidia drivers 82.69 doesn't support NV8xxx cards! 

512 MB system RAM is safe. 

CPU HT support? On some machines I've to disable Hyperthreading.

Important: 98 and ME only support four IDE devices. If you use only SATA devices disable the onboard Gigabyte SATA/IDE controller in BIOS.

Set the "SATA AHCI Mode" of the ICH8 SATA controller to disabled. It switches to IDE Mode. Set "SATA PORT0-3 Native Mode" (ICH8) to disabled. It switches to IDE Mode.

Or does your system boot with the onboard Gigabyte SATA/IDE controller enabled? Do your HDdrive work with DOS compatibility mode? If not, did you enabled DMA for the drives? Better answer in the P965 topic.

Edited by schwups, 30 November 2012 - 04:48 AM.

[FMC]Ravage

[FMC]Ravage

• 32 posts
I'm having an issue with my 7800GS and a DOS game. When I launch it, the monitor immediately goes out of range when it starts playing the intro movie. I think it's because it's playing at an odd resolution (640x400).

Would adding that resolution to the inf fix the problem? And where all would I need to add it to?

Edited by [FMC]Ravage, 03 February 2013 - 01:02 PM.

junior600

junior600

• 38 posts

Hello everyone^^ In the past few days I tried to install the driver of my gts 250 on windows 98 without result :/ Appears this error "WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR. YOU NEED TO RESTART"... So I'm thinking to buy a geforce 7900 gt 256 mb pci-express. I found it at 30 euro in my country. (Italy). It will run on windows 98?

Edited by junior600, 04 February 2014 - 08:15 PM.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Probably yes. Some members reported, that this card work on 98/ME with the modded (extended) driver 82.69. But there is no guarantee. Nvidia supports 98/ME up to Geforce 6800. I have good experience with the Geforce 7800 GT 256MB. Be aware about the shutdown issue. I also recommend to disable all the energy saving features.  :)

junior600

junior600

• 38 posts

Probably yes. Some members reported, that this card work on 98/ME with the modded (extended) driver 82.69. But there is no guarantee. Nvidia supports 98/ME up to Geforce 6800. I have good experience with the Geforce 7800 GT 256MB. Be aware about the shutdown issue. I also recommend to disable all the energy saving features.  :)

Thanks xD But I think I'll buy a geforce 7600 xfx PCIE ddr3 ahah I read it has a Zalman as cooler fan... Will it be a problem?

dencorso

dencorso

• Super Moderator
  • 5,793 posts

Donator

nVidia GeForce and Win 9x/ME - Relevant Threads :angel 

junior600

junior600

• 38 posts

I bought a geforce 6200 le xD

junior600

junior600

• 38 posts

Hello everyone... I have a problem. I can't install the driver of my geforce 6200 le turbocache... When I restart, instead of desktop,appears me some glitches and artefacts :/ Why? Can you give me the driver of my card?

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

What driver version you have installed? The 6200 LE isn't in the inf files of 81.98 and 82.16! Try the mod. 82.69.

Or the card may be broken. 

rloew

rloew

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
I added my 6200 (DEV 0221) to the 81.98 Driver Version inf File and it worked fine. There is no shutdown problem in this case.
Ye who enter my domain. Beware! Lest you become educated in the mysteries of the universe and suffer forever from the desire to know more.

junior600

junior600

• 38 posts

Yes... I think I bought a falled video card :/ By the way, I have a question. The integrated graphic "geforce 6150 nforce 430" will work with windows 98?

Edited by junior600, 19 February 2014 - 08:01 AM.

dencorso

dencorso

• Super Moderator
  • 5,793 posts

Donator

Should be doable likewise. Find the DEV number and make the changes to the .INF, and let's see how it goes.

BTW, here's what I know (but GeForce 6150 isn't among them, sorry):
  • "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430" uses DEV = 03D0;
  • "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405" uses DEV = 03D1;
  • "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 400" uses DEV = 03D2;
  • "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 420" uses DEV = 03D5.

buyerninety

buyerninety

Dude,¯\_{ö}_/¯ where's my avatar?

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Regarding Post #342, integrated graphic " geforce 6150 nforce 430 ",
from  http://pciids.source...et/v2.2/pci.ids ,
03D0  C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430]
(or check yourself, in Win98 using pci.zip ;
http://devel.no-ip.o...2/downloads.htm )

Post back to let us know how you go, with the drivers in Win98.

Edited by buyerninety, 22 February 2014 - 12:47 AM.

junior600

junior600

• 38 posts

Hello everyone ;D I have found a person that sell me 2 geforce 6800 for 50 euro... Will they run on sli mode on windows 98? I don't know if I should buy 1 or 2 geforce 6800 :( I can't buy the geforce 7950 because i want to install windows nt 4.0 too...

Edited by junior600, 05 May 2014 - 01:42 PM.

Nomen

Nomen

• PipPip
  • 187 posts

I can't install the driver of my geforce 6200 le turbocache...

I thought that any PCIe video card with TurboCache was definately not functional under win-98. Has this changed?

TurboCache is a hardware feature that is only possible with PCIe (not AGP or PCI) cards - yes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN