r u a pirate?

ripken204

piracy  

111 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever dloaded illegal material? one time counts.

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. do you illegally dload things on a regular basis?

• yes
    • no

Yes and Yes as well.

Sometimes I download full albums to see what there like, as 30 seconds preview on iTunes aint enough for me! And then if I liek I buy, truthfully.

Also, if a Film isnt out on DVD yet, I'd download it, but buy it when its out, as I love crisp DVD quality on my 6.1 sound system :P

Most stuff I'd buy after "pirating"

• 1 month later...

For my day to day stuff, I buy my software. My XP is legit. But, when I'm testing a new build or something, I use a bootleg copy of XP Pro Volume License. I do that because I don't want to deal with the activation hassles on a test computer who's hardware build changes frequently. And that's on one machine only. When I build a computer for someone, I make them pay for a legit copy of XP, and they get a legit copy of XP.

The only time that I will go and download music is if I cannot find it anywhere else. I listen to Heavy Metal (I'm an old rocker) which is predominately found here in the US, so no need to pirate it. Just goto the local Best Buy or Fry's Electronics and get the CD. Since I have also developed a taste for anime, I also listen to alot of Japanese language music, which is hard to find here in the US. Certain internet based specialty shops do carry it, but they are few and far between. In most cases, I have to import it from Japan. And yes, I do understand alot of what they are saying in those songs too. :lol:

As for movies, I don't download period. I either watch them On Demand or Rent/Buy the DVD.

• 1 month later...

The most essential software which I have such as operating system, office software and anti-virus are properly licensed through my work. For the rest I use freeware where possible. If paid software does the job better, chance is big that I'll download an illegal copy of it. I produce my own music and a lot of the software which I use costs a fortune, which I simply can't afford. I used to be active in the warez scene ages ago, but now I'm on the other side, only downloading.

• 1 month later...