Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Multi-os On 1 Cd With Graphical Menu

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

eXPerience-XP

eXPerience-XP

The Offical MSFN Newbie

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Joined 23-September 03
I was wondering of how to put windows XP Home, windows XP Home(unattended), Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Pro(unattended), Win2k,win2k3 and win2k3(unattended) on 1 cd and when i pop-in the cd it has like a normal DOS menu or graphical menu(im not too picky about that) and u can jus select from wat u want to install...is it possible? if yes, how could i do it

EDIT: I kno how to free up enough space but i need to know how to build da menu and link it to the installation etc..
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

flyakite

flyakite

• PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 17-September 03
Tech Hints

This site has all the info you will need. The info from each section can be combined onto one cd. Windows Server 2003 is not covered on the site, but the method is the EXACT same as the methods listed under the Windows XP section.

eXPerience-XP

eXPerience-XP

The Offical MSFN Newbie

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Joined 23-September 03
thx flyakite but OMG THAT LOOKS HARD!!!!!!!1 lol... anyone have an easier way?
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

RyanVM

RyanVM

Like a big surly teddy bear.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Joined 31-August 03
LMAO, did you actually think that what you wanted to do would be easy?!?!?!?!

:)
RyanVM MSFN Files | RyanVM Forums
Please do not link directly to files on my site or modify/redistribute them without getting my permission first. Link to the above URL instead.
Current Update Pack Release: 2.2.2
(Released April 28, 2008)

BTW, 90% of what I say is kidding around. Don't take things so personally ;)

Carmon

Carmon

MSFN's Local Mental Case

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Joined 08-June 03
RyanVM Posted on Oct 17 2003, 12:56 AM

LMAO, did you actually think that what you wanted to do would be easy?!?!?!?!

lmao! :) but ya neva know it cud b to sumone else lol
Posted Image

flyakite

flyakite

• PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 17-September 03
It's not really that difficult, it's just time consuming. If you need bootdisks for any certain OS you can find them here.

Just take your time and follow the directions. Don't worry about slipstreaming or any of that stuff. Just follow the instructions and it should work.

gosh

gosh

gosh 2.0

• Patrons
  • 2,347 posts
  • Joined 03-October 03
To make a cd with win9x you just make a bootdisk as bootdisk.ima and put it into your menu. If you wanted to you could edit the config.sys and autoexec.bat files on the bootdisk to have it auto start setup. To automate it just put msbatch.inf into the win9x folder. If you have an oem cd, the boot disk it makes auto starts oemsetup.exe

Making an all in one cd isn't hard, it just takes a high level of skill to pull it off. All it takes is a mispelled file or missing ident files and it won't work. I spent 6 months troubleshooting one all in one cd i made. You have to have a firm grasp of how the xp boot process works to fix any problems.

-gosh

demlak

demlak

Junior

• Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 16-August 03
6 month for the multi-OS menu and boot section? _ouch_ =)

eXPerience-XP take a look at cdshell.. it is possible to make a Graphical Menu with it.

for syntax and more info┬┤s, take a look at bootscriptor (cdshell is the "next version" of bootscriptor) and the forum linked there.

btw. this is discussed several times..

gosh

gosh

gosh 2.0

• Patrons
  • 2,347 posts
  • Joined 03-October 03
I posted how to do this in my reduce size of source thread http://www.MSFN.org/...opic=9478&st=80

-gosh

Ypsos

Ypsos

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 16-September 03

I was wondering of how to put windows XP Home, windows XP Home(unattended), Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Pro(unattended), Win2k,win2k3 and win2k3(unattended) on 1 cd and when i pop-in the cd it has like a normal DOS menu or graphical menu(im not too picky about that) and u can jus select from wat u want to install...is it possible? if yes, how could i do it

EDIT: I kno how to free up enough space but i need to know how to build da menu and link it to the installation etc..

EasyBoot
Link

very simple :)

scankurban

scankurban

F_s_M

• PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Joined 29-August 03
Easyboot make really good multi boot cdroms with gui and mouse support.
Ezb Systems
take a look at this picture

Attached Files

• Attached File  Pano.jpg   68.23KB   47 downloads

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users