WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

I posted the new v0.50 beta to testgroup members.

There is plenty of bugs, because the diskpart function is very hard to write for universal use, since everyone has different setups.

If you can post the bugs here, so I can fix them as soon as possible, so I can release the new version for public use.

Known Bugs:

-Leave current file system alone (The apply won't start after selecting that option)

-If you are making four partitions from custom partition selection it won't format the last partition. (I don't have a solution for that, maybe I have to stay on three partitions. The bugs comes because there will be conflict between drive letters, if I assign drive letter to the already existing drive letter.) If there is a diskpart gurus around, give me a hint how to resolve this issue.

Edited by geezery

Since I didn't got any replys from my "beta"- testers I putted the new v.0.70 open for public. I know there is some problems with the diskpart function, but if someone likes to test that new version it would be great. At the moment I only got the Custom diskpart settings to work correctly. They all work, but there is some problems when using the command line software imagex.exe and diskpart.exe together.

Always remember to make a partition size bigger or same size than in the image. I think I can write a error check for this, but I want to get that **** diskpart function fully working.

-Added diskparting options (there is some major bugs still to fix)

-Map Network drives dialog

-Mount / Unmount images (remember to always unmount the images also:)

-Possibility to add your own logo

-Shutdown button / function

-I also made some error checking (that needs to be improved, I need your opinions / feedback)

-Made a check to the capture function. Checks that the captured file exists after capture.

I added almost 500 lines code.

Please post the feedback here or directly to my mail address, which you can find from the first post.

You can find the download links also from the first post.

Edited by geezery

Hi Geezery, sorry it has been so long since I last posted, I've been flat out at work.

I have tested beta 0.070 and picked up the following bugs/suggestions.

1. Map network drive.

once clicking the button from the main HTA, I receive the following IE Script Error:

Line 25, Char 1, Error: Object required: 'ObjFso', Code 0, URL: file://X:/Windows/System32/netmap.hta

carrying on from there, I get several other script errors, but I think they're all related to the first message.

2. Logical Disk Information.

This is more of a suggestion, I think it would be beneficial to have column titles on the disk information (e.g. Drive Letter, Label, Free Space, Total Space)

3. Default mount path

it would be good if the default path to the mount point was set as the image location when the HTA is started.

4. Completed capture.

it would be good that after the message telling you that the capture is a success that the next box that currently says "do you wish to reboot" - "ok" or "cancel" be changed to the OK button saying reboot, and the cancel button saying return to the hta to continue imaging or something.

5. Mount Image.

This is currently not working, it just flashes past a dos box. I think the wimfltr.inf actually needs to be installed, this could be done as the hta is being loaded, so people don't need to manually inject the drivers.

hope this helps, I haven't had a chance to test it further.

keep up the excellent work.

Thank you for your reply.

1. This isn't a big problem

2. I thought those titles would be nice. I can add them.

3. I'm using network drives, so I think I'll stick with that C:\mnt as a default mount point.

4. I Will add that text

5. It worked fine for me. Actually I have never mounted image inside WinPE, since I think that it is impossible. I might be wrong.

Edited by geezery

Hi all,

I have followed the instructions, however after trying both the stable and the beta versions i am still only getting the imagex.hta file loaded with a white screen and nothing more... Can someone please advise where i am going wrong?

Cheers,

Felix

Tell me about your configuration how much memory etc.

I am testing in VMWare the virtual machine configuration is as follows:

256mb memory

8gb hdd

cd-rom is using winpe_x86.iso

1 processor

I have tested other winpe based installations and shell's like VistaPE, NativePE and they work perfectly... I would prefer to use the simple imagex.hta concept as i can tailor this to meet my requirements.

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Felix

PS have also just tested with with memory set to 1024mb and still the same problem. Please also find below my startnet.cmd configuration.

wpeinit
net use i: \\zathras\d$ /user:zathras\daz
mshta.exe c:\windows\system32\ImageX.hta

Edited by `Felix`

Try to build your PE image again and install these components.

1.HTML application Support

peimg /install=WinPE-HTA-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

2.Microsoft Data Access Component support

peimg /install=WinPE-MDAC-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

3.Windows Script Host support

peimg /install=WinPE-Scripting-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

4.Microsoft XML (MSXML) parser support

peimg /install=WinPE-XML-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

5.WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)

peimg /install=WinPE-WMI-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\windows

I think you should use the 0.32 because there is some bugs in the beta version. I'm going to fix those soon, but you can easily update to newest version afterwards. Unzip all those files to the boot.wim \Windows\System32 folder.

Then open notepad and edit the MyFilePath variable in the beginning of the HTA to yours. i:\ or something.

User chiners 68 got this to work only by putting this line to startnet.cmd

X:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe X:\Windows\System32\imagex.hta

I would also like to hear some more feedback about the new beta version. I can see, that it has been downloaded over 200times, so there must be someone who have tested it.

Edited by geezery

Ok, I'm doing the best I can to release a new version today, but I don't have a proper test environment here at home. Can someone download the new beta2 version and test the diskpart function. I need to know all the errors etc., so I can fix them. I also tested the mounting / unmounting and I had some problems with it. But the problems went a way when I manually installed the wimgapi.inf. I need to know how I can install that one inside the script, so everyone can use it. I think if we can get that inf installed inside WinPe the mounting will also work from there.

You can find the download link from the first page.

PLEASE I NEED FEEDBACK URGENTLY TO BE ABLE TO FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS INSIDE THE SCRIPT

Edited by geezery

Try to build your PE image again and install these components.

1.HTML application Support

peimg /install=WinPE-HTA-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

2.Microsoft Data Access Component support

peimg /install=WinPE-MDAC-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

3.Windows Script Host support

peimg /install=WinPE-Scripting-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

4.Microsoft XML (MSXML) parser support

peimg /install=WinPE-XML-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

5.WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)

peimg /install=WinPE-WMI-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\windows

I think you should use the 0.32 because there is some bugs in the beta version. I'm going to fix those soon, but you can easily update to newest version afterwards. Unzip all those files to the boot.wim \Windows\System32 folder.

Then open notepad and edit the MyFilePath variable in the beginning of the HTA to yours. i:\ or something.

User chiners 68 got this to work only by putting this line to startnet.cmd

X:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe X:\Windows\System32\imagex.hta

I would also like to hear some more feedback about the new beta version. I can see, that it has been downloaded over 200times, so there must be someone who have tested it.

Hi there - got it all working now - thanks very much for your help and advise :hello:

Have done some testing with beta 2 v70 am getting errors reported:

Line 40

Character 1

error invalid syntax

code 0

also another error

Line 476

Character 1

error invalid syntax

code 0

Also the browse dialogue box is opening and then hiding itself behind the imagex.hta window.

Hope this information helps.