WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

question: is it possible to get a progress bar to run instead of the ugly black box known as command promt?

try a search for 'wimmaster' has progress bar instead of cmd prompt.

is also one called 'gui imagex wrapper', doesn't have progress bars .. but just as good too.

both work good under 'winpe' or 'vistape'.

:thumbup

I am having the same problems with the error on line 536 and 258 as well. I am using the comdlg32.ocx from my windows xp install, I do not have a copy on my server 2003 machine, and I did not find one mounting the vista install.wim either. I am using PE 2.0 btw. I have a cmd that copies all of the files and the img dir and it's contents to the X:\windows\system32 just to eliminate problems with the permissions. The img dir is there and correct, the only time I have problems I have is when I click on the browse button, I get those errors. If I could get that working, that would be uber slick!

Thanks guys for your work on these HTA's, they are going to be killer!

I also have all of the packages installed for PE 2.0

Edited by bigjon440

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway to make the list of found images inside of a wim file split up into multiple columns instead of 1 big one? I have a wim with about 21 images in it and so everything gets pushed off and the hta window is not scrollable.

I second that request :thumbup ... My largest has about 13 and it is pushing everything off the page.

Anyway to make the list of found images inside of a wim file split up into multiple columns instead of 1 big one? I have a wim with about 21 images in it and so everything gets pushed off and the hta window is not scrollable.

I second that request :thumbup ... My largest has about 13 and it is pushing everything off the page.

I third that request as I and my coworker have taken to going to a naming scheme like HP-1.wim HP-2.wim. I am working at a service centre and have like 130GB of image files. When I started here my coworker was operating from command line and not appending. I then found this forum and thread. I love this HTA and so does my co-worker. Thanks Geezery.

I played for 5 minutes with the css file and the HTA and the result is this. If someone needs advice on how to change their hta to look like this send me an email. You can find the address from the first post. I know this is not the best solution, bu I don't have the time to make the script changes right now.

post-105112-1196835188_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Are you talking about Geezery's or my HTA? I think I'm going to revisit the comdlg issue. This might be something that an AutoIT script would be more suited to (just the browse function).

Also, it might be a good idea for me to post a separate thread so the support questions aren't confusing the two. :)

Rob

Edited by qc_metal

I am getting an error running scripts on this page for the latest version

Line 219

Char 1

Error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'objWim.source"

Code 0

I have tried registering the Gimagex.dll, got 2 different testing images both launching imagex.hta 2 ways. 1 is calling mshata then imagex.hta, whilst the other is just calling imagex.hta Both of these get the same message.

Ok, I have to look at the error you are getting.

The dll should be automaticly registrated.

There is some problems when defining the COM component like this.

<object ID="objWIM" viewastext style="display:none" CLASSID="CLSID:6DA4E9F4-B7A8-467F-B88D-588B456B2608"></object>

It doesn't seem to work under WinPE. I think I'll have to figure something else since it wonr work.

Edited by geezery

• 1 month later...
I updated the com based ImageX.hta, but there is currently no support for progress indicator. If you find a way to show the progress indicator it would be more than nice.

Take a look at this: ImageX COM

The author of AutoIt wrote up a COM for imagex and made a GUI for it and shows a progress. Maybe you can implement the use of the COM to grab the progress???

The current release is using that COM component and it works nicely, but the progress bar doesn't work. If you find bugs please report them here.

I actually found one and I will repair it in the next version. I wish that I could some how show the progressbar also. I actually have the progress indicator working in the HTA if you are using it from the Windows XP or Vista. You just have to define the com component a bit different.