WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

Forgive my ignorance but, when you reference images.wim does that contain multiple images in 1 file? I have multiple wim files for each images, am I doing that wrong? I am new to imagex so please forgive me. I am trying to figure out how to get this script to enumerate all of the images but, if you are supposed to put it in 1 file then that would make a different. Sorry, confused

Thanks,

Chris

I have multiple wim files for each images, am I doing that wrong? I am new to imagex so please forgive me. I am trying to figure out how to get this script to enumerate all of the images but, if you are supposed to put it in 1 file then that would make a difference.

It's not wrong, but you lose one of the advantages the WIM format has i.e. specify multiple versions in the same file.

You can check the (revised) imagex documentation http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en for the details if you want.

I think the hardest part would be getting your script to list the internal catalogue and echo that back into your HTA/textfile/whatever.

I dunno, maybe a dynamic array or something "could" solve that.

I think I'm going to add support for multiple *.wim files in the hard coded folder. Maybe it can be dynamic also. I have to change the code a lot.

If someone has example for me to get the imagex /info wimfile.wim output to variable I could make that easily.

There is a nice component available, but it is not free. ****

http://www.smartdeploy.com/products/index.htm

Edited by geezery

OK, I have found a way to get imagex /info wimfile.wim to variable

Dim oShell, oExec
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oExec = oShell.Exec("imagex.exe /info D:\Waik\F1_WINPE.wim")
ImgInfo = oExec.StdOut.ReadAll
WScript.echo ImgInfo

Edited by geezery

HI

I follow all your step the HTA when the windows pe boot up, the network map auto map to drive I:\

then the ImageXHTA.HTA fiel launch but is unable to connect to the images.txt on the share drive, when I get to I:\dir /w/p I see the Images.txt. and check all access right is good. is there any thing in the ImageXHTA.HTA Script I need to edit to make this work, when I test this in the Windows and is work fine.

Please help

Thank you

Kevin

If it works on Windows for you, then it should work also in PE.

You can always open CMD-Prompt in PE and try to go to the I:\ share.

The refresh button also checks the images.txt file again, if you want to refresh it.

any chance you have this in zip format ?

my coding skills suck :P

TIA

Here is the code I added for the capture, but only gives me one prompt instead of the the three:

Under the <script ...>

'****************************************************************************
'* Capture Image
'****************************************************************************
Sub RunScript
strDrv = window.prompt("Please enter the drive letter you would like to capture.", "Drive Letter")
strWimFile = window.prompt("Please enter the name for the captured image.", "Image Name")
strWimDesc = window.prompt("Please enter the make and model, i.e. Dell Latitude D820.", "Description")

'Test purposes only!!!
Msgbox "IMAGEX /CAPTURE "& strDrv &" " & strDrv & "\"& strWimFile & " " &chr(34) & strWimDesc &chr(34) & " /verify /compress maximum"

End Sub

Under <BODY ...>

<input id="runbutton" class="button" type="button" value="Capture" name="run_button" onClick="RunScript">

Like I said before, when I run this exact code in an HTA of its' own, it works. Cut and paste into this HTA, and I only receive one prompt.

hi qeezy

I download this and follow everythin in your instruction, but this is my problem.

I create a share drive on the network and put images.txt and dispart.txt with 2007.wim on the share.

I copy the imagexhta.hta and htastype.css to the system32 folder on the winpe boot disk. I create a net use command in the startnet, so the it will auto map for me. the loading good , map network drive good, but when I launch the imagexhta.hta the is only come up with no menu, basicly is load but is won't read tyhe imagex.txt file I think. I check all the map and check for perimssion is all good. I wonder any where I need to look for this problem.

THank you very much for this, and is will be cool if I can get this work.

Thank you

Hello everyone reading my thread.

I have spent the whole weekend designing the next release of this.

I have made some nice changes in the script.

-No more those static images.txt files

-Dynamic drop down list of the image files (ability to have many images in the shared folder)

-Capture and Append options

It's almost ready, I have to clean the script a lot and make some error checking. I try to release it tomorrow.

I think this can be useful also for those who only want to drop their "vanilla" sysprepped images from cd or dvd. I have to also make new instructions for this.

BTW: there is a link on the first post to zipped version, but I wouldn't bother using it, since the next rel. will be totally better

Edited by geezery