Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
I posted the new v0.50 beta to testgroup members.

There is plenty of bugs, because the diskpart function is very hard to write for universal use, since everyone has different setups.

If you can post the bugs here, so I can fix them as soon as possible, so I can release the new version for public use.

Known Bugs:

-Leave current file system alone (The apply won't start after selecting that option)
-If you are making four partitions from custom partition selection it won't format the last partition. (I don't have a solution for that, maybe I have to stay on three partitions. The bugs comes because there will be conflict between drive letters, if I assign drive letter to the already existing drive letter.) If there is a diskpart gurus around, give me a hint how to resolve this issue.

Edited by geezery, 02 September 2007 - 11:55 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

powaking

powaking

• 29 posts
  • Joined 26-May 04

I think I'm going to add option to also allow Remote Desktop connections to the WinPe and so on..

I'll be VERY interested in this!!!

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Since I didn't got any replys from my "beta"- testers I putted the new v.0.70 open for public. I know there is some problems with the diskpart function, but if someone likes to test that new version it would be great. At the moment I only got the Custom diskpart settings to work correctly. They all work, but there is some problems when using the command line software imagex.exe and diskpart.exe together.

Always remember to make a partition size bigger or same size than in the image. I think I can write a error check for this, but I want to get that **** diskpart function fully working.

-Added diskparting options (there is some major bugs still to fix)
-Map Network drives dialog
-Mount / Unmount images (remember to always unmount the images also:)
-Possibility to add your own logo
-Shutdown button / function
-I also made some error checking (that needs to be improved, I need your opinions / feedback)
-Made a check to the capture function. Checks that the captured file exists after capture.

I added almost 500 lines code.

Please post the feedback here or directly to my mail address, which you can find from the first post.

You can find the download links also from the first post.

Edited by geezery, 04 September 2007 - 05:16 AM.

solutionone

solutionone

• 28 posts
  • Joined 29-May 07
Hi Geezery, sorry it has been so long since I last posted, I've been flat out at work.

I have tested beta 0.070 and picked up the following bugs/suggestions.

1. Map network drive.

once clicking the button from the main HTA, I receive the following IE Script Error:

Line 25, Char 1, Error: Object required: 'ObjFso', Code 0, URL: file://X:/Windows/System32/netmap.hta

carrying on from there, I get several other script errors, but I think they're all related to the first message.

2. Logical Disk Information.

This is more of a suggestion, I think it would be beneficial to have column titles on the disk information (e.g. Drive Letter, Label, Free Space, Total Space)

3. Default mount path

it would be good if the default path to the mount point was set as the image location when the HTA is started.

4. Completed capture.

it would be good that after the message telling you that the capture is a success that the next box that currently says "do you wish to reboot" - "ok" or "cancel" be changed to the OK button saying reboot, and the cancel button saying return to the hta to continue imaging or something.

5. Mount Image.

This is currently not working, it just flashes past a dos box. I think the wimfltr.inf actually needs to be installed, this could be done as the hta is being loaded, so people don't need to manually inject the drivers.

hope this helps, I haven't had a chance to test it further.

keep up the excellent work.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Thank you for your reply.

1. This isn't a big problem
2. I thought those titles would be nice. I can add them.
3. I'm using network drives, so I think I'll stick with that C:\mnt as a default mount point.
4. I Will add that text
5. It worked fine for me. Actually I have never mounted image inside WinPE, since I think that it is impossible. I might be wrong.

Edited by geezery, 07 September 2007 - 01:07 AM.

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04
Hi all,

I have followed the instructions, however after trying both the stable and the beta versions i am still only getting the imagex.hta file loaded with a white screen and nothing more... Can someone please advise where i am going wrong?

Cheers,
Felix
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine.

Want to setup your default user/all users unattended install easy? - Simplify iT - GuidesCheers,
FeLiX

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Tell me about your configuration how much memory etc.

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04

Tell me about your configuration how much memory etc.

I am testing in VMWare the virtual machine configuration is as follows:

256mb memory
8gb hdd
cd-rom is using winpe_x86.iso
1 processor

I have tested other winpe based installations and shell's like VistaPE, NativePE and they work perfectly... I would prefer to use the simple imagex.hta concept as i can tailor this to meet my requirements.

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Felix

PS have also just tested with with memory set to 1024mb and still the same problem. Please also find below my startnet.cmd configuration.
wpeinit
net use i: \\zathras\d$ /user:zathras\daz
mshta.exe c:\windows\system32\ImageX.hta

Edited by `Felix`, 12 September 2007 - 05:56 PM.

- Kwai Chang Caine.

Want to setup your default user/all users unattended install easy? - Simplify iT - GuidesCheers,
FeLiX

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Try to build your PE image again and install these components.

1.HTML application Support
peimg /install=WinPE-HTA-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
2.Microsoft Data Access Component support
peimg /install=WinPE-MDAC-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
3.Windows Script Host support
peimg /install=WinPE-Scripting-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
4.Microsoft XML (MSXML) parser support
peimg /install=WinPE-XML-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
5.WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
peimg /install=WinPE-WMI-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\windows

I think you should use the 0.32 because there is some bugs in the beta version. I'm going to fix those soon, but you can easily update to newest version afterwards. Unzip all those files to the boot.wim \Windows\System32 folder.

Then open notepad and edit the MyFilePath variable in the beginning of the HTA to yours. i:\ or something.

User chiners 68 got this to work only by putting this line to startnet.cmd

X:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe X:\Windows\System32\imagex.hta

I would also like to hear some more feedback about the new beta version. I can see, that it has been downloaded over 200times, so there must be someone who have tested it.

Edited by geezery, 12 September 2007 - 10:31 PM.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Ok, I'm doing the best I can to release a new version today, but I don't have a proper test environment here at home. Can someone download the new beta2 version and test the diskpart function. I need to know all the errors etc., so I can fix them. I also tested the mounting / unmounting and I had some problems with it. But the problems went a way when I manually installed the wimgapi.inf. I need to know how I can install that one inside the script, so everyone can use it. I think if we can get that inf installed inside WinPe the mounting will also work from there.

You can find the download link from the first page.

PLEASE I NEED FEEDBACK URGENTLY TO BE ABLE TO FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS INSIDE THE SCRIPT

Edited by geezery, 13 September 2007 - 01:05 AM.

solutionone

solutionone

• 28 posts
  • Joined 29-May 07
Hi Geezery, I just finished work for the day so I can't test the new beta right now, but I will download it and test it tomorrow and get back to you.

regards

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
The quicker I get feedback the quicker I can fix errors.

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04

Try to build your PE image again and install these components.

1.HTML application Support
peimg /install=WinPE-HTA-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
2.Microsoft Data Access Component support
peimg /install=WinPE-MDAC-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
3.Windows Script Host support
peimg /install=WinPE-Scripting-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
4.Microsoft XML (MSXML) parser support
peimg /install=WinPE-XML-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows
5.WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
peimg /install=WinPE-WMI-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\windows

I think you should use the 0.32 because there is some bugs in the beta version. I'm going to fix those soon, but you can easily update to newest version afterwards. Unzip all those files to the boot.wim \Windows\System32 folder.

Then open notepad and edit the MyFilePath variable in the beginning of the HTA to yours. i:\ or something.

User chiners 68 got this to work only by putting this line to startnet.cmd

X:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe X:\Windows\System32\imagex.hta

I would also like to hear some more feedback about the new beta version. I can see, that it has been downloaded over 200times, so there must be someone who have tested it.

Hi there - got it all working now - thanks very much for your help and advise :hello:
- Kwai Chang Caine.

FeLiX

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04
Have done some testing with beta 2 v70 am getting errors reported:

Line 40
Character 1
error invalid syntax
code 0

also another error

Line 476
Character 1
error invalid syntax
code 0

Also the browse dialogue box is opening and then hiding itself behind the imagex.hta window.

Hope this information helps.
- Kwai Chang Caine.

FeLiX

FredBeagle

FredBeagle

• 11 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05
I have only found one problem
When Mounting an image the second radio button does not work I get "You must select image first!"

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Uploaded new beta 3 version, where is only bug fixes.

'Felix' -> I'll think that those errors are caused by invalid PE image you are using. Do you have WMI component installed properly?

You can find Download link from the first post.

Thank you FredBeagle for the feedback you gave.

Edited by geezery, 16 September 2007 - 02:52 AM.

FredBeagle

FredBeagle

• 11 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05
Looking good, The only issue left is the "Object Required: objFso" in line 24 of the netmap.hta

24 If objFso.FileExists(SysFolder & "\wpeutil.exe") Then
25 Window.ResizeTo 400,170

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Thanks again FredBeagle. I reupped the zip.

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04

Uploaded new beta 3 version, where is only bug fixes.

'Felix' -> I'll think that those errors are caused by invalid PE image you are using. Do you have WMI component installed properly?

Thanks for the help - found the problem - had not installed the WMI component correctly :blink: Anyway it is working correctly now without errors. Thanks Again... will do some testing in the next 24 hours on the beta 3 release.

Cheers,
Felix
- Kwai Chang Caine.

FeLiX

chiners_68

chiners_68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 02-March 05
Hi geezery,
Sorry ive got back to you late with testing ive been busy.

ive now setup my PE & ImageX GUI to run from WDS.

1. GUI loads ok but i get a windows (Select location of *.wim files) browse box apear asking to specify path to WIM files.
I never useto get this with 0.32.

i currently map a z: drive in startnet.cmd before the GUI loads.

2. When I press the map network drive button you have the window goes so far in the top left i can see only the right end of the bottom input box. i cannot move this window around to view it all.

Edited by chiners_68, 19 September 2007 - 03:14 AM.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Have you changed the MyFilePath attribute in the HTA to suite your needs. i.e. Z:\images\ and remember to add \ to the end of the path.

I have hard coded that browse files dialog in the script if the MyFilePath doesn't have any *.wim files.

Are you using WinPe or VistaPE?

Edited by geezery, 19 September 2007 - 03:19 AM.

chiners_68

chiners_68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 02-March 05
I knew it would be an easy fix.

When I updated my source with the beta 4 files i forgot to update the MyFilePath in ImageX.hta.

1. Can this my file path be set to z:\ or does it have to have a folder name z:\folder\ with a backslash at the end..?

2. I havent played with it all yet but is there the facility to delete images from within a wim file of multiple images..?

3. Can you clange the font of the Select File:, Select image to Apply: or put a space between the last letter & the :
ive got good eyes but the : looks like its another leter of the word in front that is not complete. the two dots seem to also merge a little into each other.

4. map network window is still going to far into the top left corner & i cannot move it.

5. Anychance of the shutdown having two option shutdown or reboot.? im lazy & cant be arsed to get up & press the power button to switch unit back on.

Edited by chiners_68, 19 September 2007 - 04:21 AM.

solutionone

solutionone

• 28 posts
  • Joined 29-May 07
Hi Geezery, sorry its been so long since I last replied,

I have tried out version 0.70 beta 4, I cannot get the Install option working, it starts the diskpart, and then crashes out somewhere after the disk is wiped.

also is the option to choose which disk/partition to install to going to make this version?

qc_metal

qc_metal
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 07-January 04

I think I'm going to add support for multiple *.wim files in the hard coded folder. Maybe it can be dynamic also. I have to change the code a lot.

If someone has example for me to get the imagex /info wimfile.wim output to variable I could make that easily.

There is a nice component available, but it is not free. ****

http://www.smartdepl...ducts/index.htm

Use stdout.readall to get any commandline output into a variable. You need to use the .exec method, however in order to get this.

***edit*** - - - OH crap, I didn't see the follow up pages to this post! Sorry about that...

I also created an HTA for ImageX, and then I stumbled onto this page ;) - see the screenshots... Maybe we could combine our efforts? I've attached the HTA as a ZIP to this post. Also, there is a good example of how to utilize the browse for folder dialog in the HTA (very nice to have). You just need to supply comdlg32.ocx and imagex.exe to make the HTA work.

Update 10/16/07:
I've worked out some kinks with some logic, and have a .02a release for anyone who wants to try it. Now it will pull the Image info when using the 'apply' or 'append' functions. I'm working on 'delete' next.

Note that this one does not require an XML package to be installed in order for it to work - - this was to make things a bit more simple with regards to what you need in order to make this HTA to work. I know it is a cheeky solution, but it does work ;). Essentially, the HTA uses only filesystem objects, and nothing more (no WMI, either).

Attached Files

Edited by qc_metal, 17 October 2007 - 08:10 AM.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Very nice, I have also been contacted a other member of this forum, who has some nice features in the hta. I'm currently so busy at my work that I don't have the needed time to implement new features + test new version. The scripts that I have made is totally free to use and modify.
But if you get some nice features done, please post those to the msfn community.

gc metal keep up the great work, very nice HTA. I will check it when I have time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)