Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

qc_metal

qc_metal
  • 4 posts

Very nice, I have also been contacted a other member of this forum, who has some nice features in the hta. I'm currently so busy at my work that I don't have the needed time to implement new features + test new version. The scripts that I have made is totally free to use and modify.
But if you get some nice features done, please post those to the msfn community.

gc metal keep up the great work, very nice HTA. I will check it when I have time.

Cool Geezery...will do. I'll see if I can make a Geezery/qc_metal hybrid and post my results here. Thanks for your permission on that!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ericgramm

ericgramm
  • 1 posts
Ok, I would like to be have the first image pre-selected by default. Is there a simple way to set that up so that when I only have one image in the directory I don't have to select it before I can apply it?

pretender69

pretender69

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts

I think I'm going to add support for multiple *.wim files in the hard coded folder. Maybe it can be dynamic also. I have to change the code a lot.

If someone has example for me to get the imagex /info wimfile.wim output to variable I could make that easily.

There is a nice component available, but it is not free. ****

http://www.smartdepl...ducts/index.htm

Use stdout.readall to get any commandline output into a variable. You need to use the .exec method, however in order to get this.

***edit*** - - - OH crap, I didn't see the follow up pages to this post! Sorry about that...

I also created an HTA for ImageX, and then I stumbled onto this page ;) - see the screenshots... Maybe we could combine our efforts? I've attached the HTA as a ZIP to this post. Also, there is a good example of how to utilize the browse for folder dialog in the HTA (very nice to have). You just need to supply comdlg32.ocx and imagex.exe to make the HTA work.

Update 10/16/07:
I've worked out some kinks with some logic, and have a .02a release for anyone who wants to try it. Now it will pull the Image info when using the 'apply' or 'append' functions. I'm working on 'delete' next.

Note that this one does not require an XML package to be installed in order for it to work - - this was to make things a bit more simple with regards to what you need in order to make this HTA to work. I know it is a cheeky solution, but it does work ;). Essentially, the HTA uses only filesystem objects, and nothing more (no WMI, either).

i get the following error when i try to use the browse function, i have copied comdlg32.ocx to program directory.

Line: 536
Char: 1
Error: The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed.
Code: 0

anyone can tell me what im doing wrong ?
TIA

balinton

balinton
  • 3 posts
I am also getting the error about commmon dialog control license... How can i resolve this issue. And secondly when i add the hta and images folder to winpe and i launch from wihtin pe the images dont load. The background does and the ico file but not the other images? Any suggestions? Aside from that this is an awesome hta def what i was looking for THANKS ALOT!!!

Atheros

Atheros

Junior

• Pip
  • 87 posts
ok this looks like a good idea.

i have thrown your beta into a winre image. and all ok.

im going to have to rip large chunks of it out because my intention is to use the GUI as a replacement for my visual basic program to recover customers systems.

i need to block diskpart from ever touching partition 1. as this stores all of winre and the final installation image.

question: is it possible to get a progress bar to run instead of the ugly black box known as command promt? i'll look into it but if you know anything that could help, would be kool.

now one suggestion. if an image fails to deploy the ImageX.hta always reports that the image applied ok. could cause problems :/.

spose i need to brush up on my scripting skills.

but playing with your beta has inspired me to work on this further and give a nice front end for our customers.
----------------------
c0ws go m00

pretender69

pretender69

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts

question: is it possible to get a progress bar to run instead of the ugly black box known as command promt?

try a search for 'wimmaster' has progress bar instead of cmd prompt.

is also one called 'gui imagex wrapper', doesn't have progress bars .. but just as good too.

both work good under 'winpe' or 'vistape'.

:thumbup

solutionone

solutionone

• 28 posts
wimmaster can be found at this link http://www.boot-land...amp;#entry21075

bigjon440

bigjon440
  • 3 posts
I am having the same problems with the error on line 536 and 258 as well. I am using the comdlg32.ocx from my windows xp install, I do not have a copy on my server 2003 machine, and I did not find one mounting the vista install.wim either. I am using PE 2.0 btw. I have a cmd that copies all of the files and the img dir and it's contents to the X:\windows\system32 just to eliminate problems with the permissions. The img dir is there and correct, the only time I have problems I have is when I click on the browse button, I get those errors. If I could get that working, that would be uber slick!

Thanks guys for your work on these HTA's, they are going to be killer!

I also have all of the packages installed for PE 2.0

Edited by bigjon440, 19 November 2007 - 11:50 AM.

powaking

powaking

• 29 posts
Anyway to make the list of found images inside of a wim file split up into multiple columns instead of 1 big one? I have a wim with about 21 images in it and so everything gets pushed off and the hta window is not scrollable.

aaron818

aaron818

• 14 posts

Anyway to make the list of found images inside of a wim file split up into multiple columns instead of 1 big one? I have a wim with about 21 images in it and so everything gets pushed off and the hta window is not scrollable.

I second that request :thumbup ... My largest has about 13 and it is pushing everything off the page.

Baalzamon

Baalzamon
  • 6 posts

I second that request :thumbup ... My largest has about 13 and it is pushing everything off the page.

I third that request as I and my coworker have taken to going to a naming scheme like HP-1.wim HP-2.wim. I am working at a service centre and have like 130GB of image files. When I started here my coworker was operating from command line and not appending. I then found this forum and thread. I love this HTA and so does my co-worker. Thanks Geezery.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
I played for 5 minutes with the css file and the HTA and the result is this. If someone needs advice on how to change their hta to look like this send me an email. You can find the address from the first post. I know this is not the best solution, bu I don't have the time to make the script changes right now.

Attached File  ImageXv70.JPG   98.87KB   328 downloads

qc_metal

qc_metal
  • 4 posts

Are you talking about Geezery's or my HTA? I think I'm going to revisit the comdlg issue. This might be something that an AutoIT script would be more suited to (just the browse function).

Also, it might be a good idea for me to post a separate thread so the support questions aren't confusing the two. :)

Rob

Edited by qc_metal, 03 January 2008 - 10:13 AM.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
I released a new version. Read more from the first post.

Baalzamon

Baalzamon
  • 6 posts
I am getting an error running scripts on this page for the latest version
Line 219
Char 1
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'objWim.source"
Code 0

I have tried registering the Gimagex.dll, got 2 different testing images both launching imagex.hta 2 ways. 1 is calling mshata then imagex.hta, whilst the other is just calling imagex.hta Both of these get the same message.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
Ok, I have to look at the error you are getting.
The dll should be automaticly registrated.

There is some problems when defining the COM component like this.

<object ID="objWIM" viewastext style="display:none" CLASSID="CLSID:6DA4E9F4-B7A8-467F-B88D-588B456B2608"></object>

It doesn't seem to work under WinPE. I think I'll have to figure something else since it wonr work.

Edited by geezery, 09 January 2008 - 12:25 AM.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
I updated the com based ImageX.hta, but there is currently no support for progress indicator. If you find a way to show the progress indicator it would be more than nice.

Baalzamon

Baalzamon
  • 6 posts
Thanks for this Geezery. It is working real nice now, shame about the progress bar. At least there is notification when it completes so you are not working completely blind.

powaking

powaking

• 29 posts

I updated the com based ImageX.hta, but there is currently no support for progress indicator. If you find a way to show the progress indicator it would be more than nice.

Take a look at this: ImageX COM

The author of AutoIt wrote up a COM for imagex and made a GUI for it and shows a progress. Maybe you can implement the use of the COM to grab the progress???

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
The current release is using that COM component and it works nicely, but the progress bar doesn't work. If you find bugs please report them here.

I actually found one and I will repair it in the next version. I wish that I could some how show the progressbar also. I actually have the progress indicator working in the HTA if you are using it from the Windows XP or Vista. You just have to define the com component a bit different.

powaking

powaking

• 29 posts

The current release is using that COM component and it works nicely, but the progress bar doesn't work. If you find bugs please report them here.

I actually found one and I will repair it in the next version. I wish that I could some how show the progressbar also. I actually have the progress indicator working in the HTA if you are using it from the Windows XP or Vista. You just have to define the com component a bit different.

Sorry haven't tried your HTA in a while. So nothing from this code works? Can you get time remaining? If so could you use that to calculate progress????

Set objWIM = WScript.CreateObject("GImageX.GImageXCtrl", "objWIM_")

objWIM.Source = "test.wim"
objWIM.Destination = "c:\test"
objWIM.ImageIndex = 1
objWIM.Check = TRUE
objWIM.Verify = TRUE
objWIM.ApplyImage

WScript.DisconnectObject objWIM
Set objWIM = Nothing

Sub objWIM_Progress(Percent, TimeRemaining)
	WScript.Echo Percent & "% - " & TimeRemaining & " sec(s)"
	' Abort the operation by using the line below
	'objWim.Abort = TRUE
End Sub

Sub objWIM_ProgressInfo(Info)
	WScript.Echo Info
End Sub

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
Believe me I have tried almost everything what you can do with that COM component.

You cant define an object like this in HTA. It doesn't support multithreaded objects. I actually find another solution that works in Windows XP andVista but not in WinPE:(

powaking

powaking

• 29 posts

Believe me I have tried almost everything what you can do with that COM component.

You cant define an object like this in HTA. It doesn't support multithreaded objects. I actually find another solution that works in Windows XP andVista but not in WinPE:(

What if you open up a VBS script window to display the progress rather right in the HTA itself would that work?? Or run it behind the HTA and have it put the output into a text file then have the HTA read the text file? Maybe name the text file what ever the percentage is and just have HTA refresh that directory showing the percentage (taken from the name of the text file)???? Just throwing some ideas out.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
I believe it is possible to do something like that, but I don't have the needed time to write such script.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,702 posts

Donator

I just tried out the GimageX (COM Based) HTA today and have encountered an error.

Line:222
Char:1
Object Required: 'objWIM'
Code:0

it is this line:

objWIM.Source = myFilepath + objSel1.options(objSel1.selectedindex).text

Everything seems to work: I can select images or deploy them, but the image names within the WIM are blank. In my case, there are 2 WIMs and each only has 1 image in them. It shows a radio button after I select the image, but there is no words next to it.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't read the part in the first post that said to register the DLL... :\

It works now just fine.

Edited by Tripredacus, 21 March 2008 - 12:15 PM.

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN