nLite 1.3.5 - Patched Edition

nuhi

tried your preset and all worked fine....

it is true that i didnt test on vista....i tested all on xp pro. but it should work fine on vista too

can u please try like this

copy cabinet.dll from xp to nlite folder

then retry. and post here if any errors occured.

Copy where? to the nlite folder on my Vista Basic PC? There's no more Vista now, only XP in both PC's, the preset was taken from my XP pc, not the Vista pc.

When I created in the 1st try the XPCD I was doing it on my Vista PC and the iso was 600MB and had problems wth 2 files like I said before and in the 2nd try the XPCD was in my XP pc and the iso was 603 and worked ok, no problems at all.

am I clear? sorry for my english :blushing:

Mauri

I get to make the first Hotfix integration bug report, Yippee :thumbup

Windows2000-KB917008-x86-ENU.EXE [1,337,832] fails to integrate into the source, there was no problem with version 1.3.0.4 of nLite.

I have tried this with both Windows 2000 sp4 + KB891861 Hotfix rollup and Windows 2000 sp5 (Hotstream 5.1.2195.24 Refresh).

Host system for nLite is running Windows XP Professional x64 edition.

Session file for W2Ksp4 + hotfix rollup attempt attached.

I guess this is where I should start complaining ... Nope can't do it, thanks for the great program Nuhi :hello:

Last_Session.ini

Does it solve the "windows file protection" problem? when you install drivers in a clean windows installation :whistle:

That apparently isn't nLite's fault. It appears that slipstreaming SP2 triggers the problem.

Movie maker missing files.

wmidx.dll

wmasf.dll

gotta clue???

yes ....

u shouldnt remove windows media player......

Hi,

Fixed.

Don't touch it, add your Win updates (including Media Player) and it works

:rolleyes:

Does it solve the "windows file protection" problem? when you install drivers in a clean windows installation :whistle:

That apparently isn't nLite's fault. It appears that slipstreaming SP2 triggers the problem.

Sure? I remember when I used nlite 1.3 RC2 never had that problem, only after the final version and the newest.

The only solution is to install winxp manager to disable the WFP warning, but if somebody knows what to modify in the windows registry, to disable that warning, when xp finishes a clean install, would be much apreciated instead of installing the program.

:hello:

I need to know a few things...

Using nlite 1.3.5 I create an XP PRO CD with SP2+IE7+WMP11 and 72 hotfixes until now...

my questions are:

Can I add the other normal fixes (not included in the list of critical fixes) in the critical updates of nlite?

What happen if new fixes comes out in the next few weeks.... should I begin again? (create a new CD with all the fixes like I made before? or I can add the last one and rebuild an ISO file?

What happen if a new nlite version comes out? do I have to begin all over again? or I can add the last released fixes only? and rebuild the ISO file.

:whistle:

I need to know a few things...

Using nlite 1.3.5 I create an XP PRO CD with SP2+IE7+WMP11 and 72 hotfixes until now...

my questions are:

Can I add the other normal fixes (not included in the list of critical fixes) in the critical updates of nlite?

What happen if new fixes comes out in the next few weeks.... should I begin again? (create a new CD with all the fixes like I made before? or I can add the last one and rebuild an ISO file?

What happen if a new nlite version comes out? do I have to begin all over again? or I can add the last released fixes only? and rebuild the ISO file.

:whistle:

I also think nLite is very slow on building. I have suggested before to implement native CAB compression instead of using makecab, there are probably more ways to speed up integration of updates.

Also making nLite multithreaded would be nice. I know it's not possible to multithread CAB compression, but it is definitely possible to process multiple addons at the same time.

P.S. I have posted a list of hotfixes that can not natively be integrated at the moment. I still hope that you will look into making these patches to integrate properly.

I would like for nLite 1.4 to extend it's Hotfix integration support to more exotic hotfixes:

KB892211

KB893803

KB896344

KB918997

KB922120

KB926464

KB927977

KB927978

KB931836

SafeDisc Windows XP Fix for Microsoft Games

Also integration support for Windows Messenger 5.1 would be nice to replace Windows Messenger 4.7.

Edited by Acheron

Hi Nuhi, thank you for the new Version ! :thumbup

After seeing the "W2K" in the changelog, I was hoping for the best, but unfortunately the same old bugs are still there since 1.2.1 :

If you check anything in the Tweaksection under Desktop, the IE and networkassistant are still there and My Computer (Arbeitsplatz) is gone from the desktop as well as from all menues.

I couldn´t get confirmation yet, if it´s really just in the localized german W2K.

A new bug occurred as well :

The monitor settings are not taken over.

Would be nice, if you´ll find some spare minutes to have look at it.

Agi

EDIT

Problem solved by Silvereyes ! :thumbup

Edited by AgiHammerklau

Could you double check the "Brother devices" in hardware support, having it unchecked no longer seems to keep the unidrv.hlp file.

EDIT: Might be more files, the installation got confused after that...

Edited by Fonceur