Steam game client cutting support for win 98/me

asdf1121

The game company Valve and the client they launch their programs with "Steam" are cutting off support for win 98 / me effective 6/30/07. This angers me because when I paid them for access to these games it was under the assumption that it would run with my os (being windows 98 support part of the specs for the games when I paid for access to them)

Anyways any thoughts on this?

Steam.jpg

On forums I found, lots of %$#* XP fans just think it's great news (WTF do they care?). Soon, they're gonna complain because Valve decided to drop XP support in favor of Vista... The worst thing about all this is that there will probably be no technical reason to end this support. You paid for games on 98 and now you can't use them anymore...

That's exactly why I hate systems like Steam. Tomorow, they close business and boom! Nobody in the world can play Valve games.

Besides, the principle to ask an online server when you wanna play offline is beyond me... And you don't even pay less fo your games, even without a box and the right to do what you want with it !!! :angry:

Anyway, if the limit is artificial, maybe we'll be able to take it off, or KUP will take care of it!