LameSkin Themes

It's better than the older one but u still have some small bugs like in Toolbar Buttons... When u click on a button it some pixels are messed up...

When i see your theme it just reminds me to make a Longhorn theme and I will do that soon...

This time toolbar buttons come from original Vista theme published by Tihiy.

Oh, excuse me.... I must reupload attachment ... done now, try again!

Edited by Max_04

Chapter 1

To add a new theme, create a copy of an existent theme of reference in c:\windows\resources (in this example "Vista"), and edit name of folder (for example I modify "Vista" in "Mytheme").

Last passage, rename inside themes.reg (allocated in "lame" folder of RP) the correspondent string of your existent theme of reference for example Vista in MyTheme.

Then, double-click themes.reg.

In this way you've a new theme based on a existent theme, to modify.

Chapter 2

Step 1: you can modify desktop color, fonts, titlebar color on "properties" > "appearance".

http://hsc.unm.edu/wbc/images/chgdisplayprop.gif

When you've finished, click on "save as" and overwrite theme with same name.

To see "real" result with lameskin, simply change theme and set again your theme.

Step 2: edit images in "c:\windows\resources\Mytheme" with photoshop or similar.

To see "real" result with lameskin, simply change theme and set again your theme.

Chapter 3

When you've completed theme, export in regedit this entire key in a file called MyTheme.reg:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Appearance\Schemes

After, delete all themes strings except your theme strings.

To publish theme please attach folder of theme allocated in c:\windows\resource and file reg in a rar or zip archive here.

I hope to be useful.

Edited by Max_04

You are so helpfull!!

thanks sooo much!!!

*Off to make tiger theme with one question*

What order do the close buttons go in in in the bmp file or is there a lameskin documentation of some kine??

There isn't neither a lameskin documentation that explains how modify buttons, nor an order... it is necessary to make more tests and see results.

It's a gradual process.

Good luck. :hello:

A preview of Plex (Longhorn) Theme....

I'll release it soon...

plex1bt0.th.jpg

And yeah maybe i'll make a documentation (or at least a kind of) to provide details in LS skinning...

Hope to see that Tiger theme screenshot really soon...

Edited by TM0d

Plex Theme (from Longhorn) is finally done. I had some small difficulties but i've managed to survive.

Please evaluate and I need some critics....

Screenshots:

plex2ha9.th.jpg

plex3vo0.th.jpg

And Wallpaper?

Start button is too much simple, taskbar color is different from titlebar color of windows, I don't like close/minimize/maximize buttons.

Thanks for all efforts, thanks to you I'm updating an italian version of RP to add new themes. :whistle:

Plex Theme (from Longhorn) is finally done. I had some small difficulties but i've managed to survive.

Please evaluate and I need some critics....

Well, it is interesting but too unpolished:

- Boring color scheme

- Small caption buttons

- Taskbar buttons bug

- Active/Unactive windows use same color

NoPremultAlpha must be =0 in all themes one want to make.

NoPremultAlpha=1 is used only in Vista basic skin because Microsoft made bitmaps in Vista msstyles purposefully with pre-multiplied alpha channel. There is no tool to pre/de-multiply alpha channel for images, so that switch was made.