Is XPCREATE still alive !

Bitfrotter

@All,

I was wondering if there is anybody out there that is still using XPCREATE. Well I am still using it and I managed to get a unattended XP cdrom that has only 4 updates missing. 2 are for IE 7.0 and the others are the root certificates update and dotnet 3.0.

There are posts in other topics and forums that speak about slipstreaming IE 7.0 and the updates but I had no success in doing so. Also the dotnetfx3.exe installation with /q or /qb or /passive is not quite working. It installs but Windows Update is still showing the dotnet 3.0 as an update needed.

It would be nice to have an updated XPCREATE that incorporates IE 7.0 and dotnet 3.0. So I hope Greenmachine can do something for us people that still are using his GREAT tool.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings, Bitfrotter

I'm still using XPCREATE, although I haven't updated it, until today, for quite a while!!! I'm now going through the updates my first major update in must be six months and my first try won't even boot! Now going through the list a little more thouroughly...

Get the feeling that it's not as popular as it used to be, I think because it needs a reasonable amount of maintenance to keep it up to date.

Still an excellent product.

There are posts in other topics and forums that speak about slipstreaming IE 7.0 and the updates but I had no success in doing so. Also the dotnetfx3.exe installation with /q or /qb or /passive is not quite working. It installs but Windows Update is still showing the dotnet 3.0 as an update needed.

I have found that installing various dotnetfxs still show up on WU if I don't reboot a time or two. I discovered this effect when I read that dotNet 3 contains v2 also. So I just installed 3 from a manual download and it listed v2 as an update until I rebooted at least once (it may have taken two). I'm guessing there were some files in use/clean up issues from something that ran on reboot after the install. Once I did the rebooting, the v2 went away as an update.

Have you checked it after rebooting (possibly at least twice)?

Hi JoeMSFN,

When installing dotnet 3.0 there are other updates showing up. One is a MSXML 6.0 SP1 update. After installing this update also from runonceex the dotnet 3.0 is no longer shown in windowsupdate.

I now have only the root certificates update that I can not find as stand alone download. Someone have an idea !!!

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

• 7 months later...

@All,

Is there anybody out there that is testing with the new XPCREATE version or is it just a joke.................................

Please make the new tool available to someone who is using the previous version with satisfaction.......................

Greetings,

Bitfrotter