microsoft bus driver

techywiz2007

i reformatted a fujitsu e4010 notebook and went to install all the drivers, but the auio driver needs a microsoft bus driver to be loaded to system before installing to audio driver

i can't find the bus driver anywhere!

can someone help me bypass this problem?

i need audio in order to run a video editing program

You need the hotfix for KB888111 integrated into your CD to make it work. I ran into the same problem with all of our new workstations and laptops. Fortunately a little searching will find you the correct download. :)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...SeriesId=447468

Extract the file after you download it. It contains the hotfix for several languages. Find the setup.dat for the language you require and rename it to KB888111.exe.

This should help. :)

i downloaded it to run on my computer, but when i run it, blinks real fast and says cpqsm.exe needs to close,

let me check, i forgot to extract it and try the english only...

it won't let me extract it, it only tries to run it,

Edited by techywiz2007

it won't let me extract it

--------------------------------------------------

x usage: <module.exe> <ini_file>-silent-noreboot-resume

ini file is either full path or just name if in same dir as EXE.

-silent will suppress alll gui prompts

-noreboot will suppress reboots

-resume will force a resume of the ini file processing

Edited by techywiz2007

You can extract sp31069.exe with WinZip. I'm not sure about any other ZIP applications, but I would assume so. If you have WinZip, right click on sp31069.exe and select 'Open with WinZip'. Sort it by the Path column and extract the setup.dat for your language (the US directory since you need the English version). Rename the extracted setup.dat to KB888111.exe and then you can run it.

If that doesn't work for you then run sp31069.exe as if you were going to install it. When it gets to the end and says 'This Computer System is not supported. Installation canceled.' do NOT close the window. Open Windows Explorer and the Temp directory under your user profile:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\

Look for a directory that starts with pft and ends in .tmp. Open that directory and you should have the installation files extracted. Copy the setup.dat you need and then you can close the 'Hewlett-Packard Setup' window. Again, renamed setup.dat to KB88111.exe and run as necessary.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

i might have accidently downloaded the wrong one, i think i downloaded the update for it, not the microsoft bus driver

thanks, im downloading the right one right now, to try

i extracted it, but it just gave me another setup exe, do i extract thst too?

it had all the setup files, but no language options, i'm gonna try to extract the other setup now

i tried to extract it, but it just brought up the setup loading bar, and quit real fast, like a second then quit

winrar and wizip and from the cmd lines couldn't do it

Edited by techywiz2007

Ok...follow these steps exactly (the WinZip steps are for 9.0 SR1 but should translate up to later versions):

- Open WinZip

- Click on the Options menu and choose Configuration

- Go to the Explorer Enhancements tab

- Make sure 'Open unassociated archives with WinZip' is checked

- Make sure 'Display context menu items in a submenu' is NOT checked

- Click on OK to apply the settings

- Close WinZip

- Right click on sp31069.exe and choose 'Open with WinZip'

- Click on the Path column to sort it by path information

- Right click on the setup.dat for your language and choose Extract... (see attached)

- Select a destination for setup.dat

- Close WinZip

- Open Windows Explorer to the location where you extracted setup.dat

- Rename setup.dat to KB888111.exe

- Double click KB888111.exe to install it

- You now have the Microsoft UAA Update installed and should be able to install your sound drivers

post-31126-1179863956_thumb.jpg

this is messed up,

winzip just extracts the same setup file, i told it extract it to the desktop, not a good idea, but that way i know it's there,

but when i extract, it just extracts that setup file to the desktop, and i'll try to extract that, and it does the same thing,

this computer is rather old, but i just downloaded the free trial of the new winzip 11,

but it just does the same thing over and over again!

i need a new computer!!!

does anyone recommend kicking it?

i had a friend that had a pc that wouldn't boot, so he set it on the floor and kicked it, and guess what, it boot perfectly!!!

apparently, the pin switches in the hdd were out of alignment, so when he kicked it it lined them up against the side, and made the perfect connection,

now he has a sore foot, (he kicked it really hard) and a working pc

wonder if it works on laptops with audio problems? :hello::D:crazy::w00t::puke:

out of curiosity, what theme are you using in your screenshot?

it looks like windowblinds, ares,

but i never got it to work right

It's the Zune theme (direct link) and doesn't require WindowBlinds or StyleXP.
this is messed up,

winzip just extracts the same setup file, i told it extract it to the desktop, not a good idea, but that way i know it's there,

but when i extract, it just extracts that setup file to the desktop, and i'll try to extract that, and it does the same thing,

I don't know what to tell you...I gave you step-by-step instructions. :)
does anyone recommend kicking it?
No.