Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d3v

cannot cut this shape out

6 posts in this topic

guys I've been trying to lasoo this spanner out of it's image but I can never ever get it just right.

spanner.jpg

Please could someone try to cut it out so it has nice clean edges and send me the PSD file.

Assuming you are using Photoshop, try the "Quick Selection tool" as oppose to the lasso.

dont use magnetic lasso if u are, use normal lasso

Or better still, use extract filter in photoshop after decreasing the shadow of object!

here is a quick one hope it works for you

Good tracing nfiniteFX!

I just wanted to add something about tracing methods. So that dv3 knows what to do next time. You know the whole, 'catch a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and feed him for a lifetime.'

I like using the magnetic tool because it is very accurate. But I would suggest using the pen tool for something like this. The magnetic tool traces around what it thinks is the outline, if the shape is a different shade of the background, or blends into the background it goes all over the place.