Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

cannot cut this shape out

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

d3v

d3v

• 10 posts
  • Joined 30-April 07
guys I've been trying to lasoo this spanner out of it's image but I can never ever get it just right.

Posted Image

Please could someone try to cut it out so it has nice clean edges and send me the PSD file.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dimas2000

dimas2000
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 01-June 07
Assuming you are using Photoshop, try the "Quick Selection tool" as oppose to the lasso.

ripken204

ripken204

The Hardware Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts
  • Joined 23-December 04
dont use magnetic lasso if u are, use normal lasso

Desktop: || lappped Q6700 w/ lapped TRUE || ASUS P5Q Deluxe|| Sapphire 4870 1GB || Mushkin Ascent XP2-8500 (2x2GB) || 2 x WD6400AAKS || Corsair HX620W || Lian-Li PC-60FB || 2 x BenQ G2400WD || Vista Ultimate 64bit || Samsung SH-S223Q || Logitech MX518 || Logitech Ultra-X || SteelSeries SX || Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 || ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe ||
Server: || E5200 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 || ASUS P5Q-EM || EVGA 8800GTS G92 w/ Accelero S1 R2 || G.SKILL 6400 2x2GB || 1 x WD6400AAKS || 4 x 1TB Samsung F1 || SeaSonic M12II SS-500GM || Antec Three Hundred || Samsung SH-203BL || Ubuntu 8.10 ||

clavicle

clavicle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Joined 28-January 04
Or better still, use extract filter in photoshop after decreasing the shadow of object!

nfiniteFX

nfiniteFX

• 19 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05
here is a quick one hope it works for you

Attached Files

macfan6

macfan6
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-August 07

here is a quick one hope it works for you

Good tracing nfiniteFX!

I just wanted to add something about tracing methods. So that dv3 knows what to do next time. You know the whole, 'catch a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and feed him for a lifetime.'

I like using the magnetic tool because it is very accurate. But I would suggest using the pen tool for something like this. The magnetic tool traces around what it thinks is the outline, if the shape is a different shade of the background, or blends into the background it goes all over the place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users