USB devices  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call them?

• (USB) Flash drive
    • (USB) Pen drive
    • USB-key
    • (USB) flash key
    • Something else (specify)

euwhm.... is just USB also good? most of the time people here in NL ask if i have my usb with me, and the other way around too ofcourse, and if they/i mean a usb whatever you can call it, yes they do :)

In English I call it “USB flash drive”. In Swedish it’s always just a direct translation of “USB memory”, which is what it’s called in computer magazines and among techies.

Many people here call it (in Swedish) “USB memory stick”, “memory stick”, “USB stick” or simply “the stick” (on the subject of portable data storage, “put it on the stick”). In rare cases it’s called “USB memory card”, because it’s put in the same category as other memory cards in online stores.

Welllllll.... I guess those are very literal interpretations of the names. Very good work finding those. :thumbup:lol:

Yep, the "Thumb Drive" really cracks me up.... I wish I had one of those. :)

jaclaz

Me too!

Me three! That'll really go well with my "palm top" and "lap top". :)

lol, i dont even use my laptop on top of my lap. and what if u call it a notebook? you dont take notes in it and its not a book..

lol, i dont even use my laptop on top of my lap. and what if u call it a notebook? you dont take notes in it and its not a book..

A word of WARNING:

DO NOT EVER try to swallow a "Tablet PC"

;)

:rofl:

jaclaz

Ha! What do those look like?

I call it a laptop even though I never put it on my lap. Most people I know call them laptops. The computer companies often call them notebooks. I think they should be called portable computers, but who wants to say all that instead of just laptop?

A word of WARNING:

;)

jaclaz

I learned that the hard way. Thing is I fried the computer, too, because I tried to take it with water. :rolleyes:

Ha! What do those look like?

I call it a laptop even though I never put it on my lap. Most people I know call them laptops. The computer companies often call them notebooks. I think they should be called portable computers, but who wants to say all that instead of just laptop?

A word of WARNING:

;)

jaclaz

I learned that the hard way. Thing is I fried the computer, too, because I tried to take it with water. :rolleyes:

i call them laptops too. i'de have to agree the portable computer is the "technical" name also..

• 2 weeks later...