Step 1) Make a directory.
2) Extract/copy all files from your NT CD/ISO to the directory.
3) Download 3 files: http://asiekierka.bo...65int.part1.rar, http://asiekierka.bo...65int.part2.rar, http://asiekierka.bo...65int.part3.rar and unpack them to the same directory you have unpacked/copied NT CD/iso.
4) Move everything from I386 to the root dir.
5) If you have SP6 or SP6a integrated on your NT cd, go to step 5a. Otherwise, go to step 5b.
5a) Delete a line from cmdlines.txt file that's in $OEM$ dir. The line is: "C:\TEMP_SP\sp6i386.exe /n /u /o /z"
5b) Download sp6i386.exe (SP6 installer) and put it to $OEM$\C\TEMP_SP.
6) Put all of that EXPECT bootimg.img into an iso.
7) Use bootimg.img as a bootfile.
8) Make an ISO and burn.
INFORMATION: I tested it on virtual PC and i need to integrate SmartDrive probably. Well, i wouldn't do that.
And there is a bug that auto-selects that you have a network. Anybody willing to fix it?
And i also forgot to add XP NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM. Well, i will fix it in NT 4.01 (SP 6.5 was just a step to it).
Well, i don't know if it installs SRP. Anybody that can check?
1) Insert the CD and set in BIOS to boot from it.
2) Wait for it to copy all files onto the hard disk.
3) After it's done, eject the CD and set in BIOS to boot from hard disk.
4) Now installer installs the main OS for a gui. Then reboots.
5) NOW installer boots the GUI. You go as normal.
6) VOILA! You have your NT 4 SP6.5 installed. Well, on first login you must setup the display.
-- credits.txt goes here --
marxo (known also as TM0d) - NT 4 Explorer patch.
MDGx - for that unofficial patches
awergh - Windows 2000 theme!
Microsoft - NT 4
Unknown - giving direct link to a how-to for preinstalling NT 4 with SP6a!
Thanks to everybody.
EDIT: Anybody can "derivate" from this SP6.5 to do his own NT mod. i don't care. But credit me and everybody I credited. SP65.exe installs
EDIT 2: OH. it also leaves 50mb of old install files. Just delete the TEMP_SP directory.
Edited by asiekierka, 05 June 2007 - 09:39 AM.