Imagex GUI Open Source

p4ntb0y

Hi guys I have a Imagex gui here which I hope you will like.

The whole thing has been re-done all the code has been done in VB6.

This has been tested in vista pe and winpe 2005.

here are a couple of screenshots...

63090634oc9.jpg

Added different compression types.

39942486ie2.jpg

49533009ot1.jpg

As you can see you can Mount Images, extract well do everything that the cmd line imagex can do, as all that the code does is call imagex behind the GUI, The cmd for imagex will be displayed at the botton of the gui for debug.

Anyone that would like to have the source files are welcome please PM me and I will mail you untill I can host them somewhere. The current size is 1.5mb

I have added a place on the front of the gui so that you can place a OEMLOGO.JPG for your company or yourself (I made a mistake and left it at jpg instead of bmp

trtkrom was kind enougth to post the VB6 api calls, I am way out of my depth here with the coding :-(

You do need the following files within the same location..

imagex.exe

intclg.exe

winfltr.ini

winfltr.sys

wimgapi.dll

COMDLG32.OCX

MSCOMCTL.OCX

MSVBVM60.DLL

tabctl32.ocx

and if you want to add your own exclude list...

include a custom Wimscript.ini file

If you would like the Source files then Please PM me and I will send it out. The above ocx and dll files apart from wimgapi are included.

This is all I have at the moment which is a a bit lame as I need to learn a hell of a lot more vb and c++

I would be willing to fund a project if someone can code a proper gui with api calls and a progress bar!

I have included a new attachment but it does not have the MSCOMCTL.OCX or MSVBVM60.DLL due to the size

OnDansWIM.rar

Edited by p4ntb0y

Okay, a couple of questions. When making a WIM, what is the "Output Folder" as compared to the "Destination Folder"? Will there be an option to use a config file for exclusions? Does it have any dependencies (i.e. you have to have the WAIK installed, etc.)?

Nearly done a new version of this GUI.

I have binned the transparent window.

Added an option for Checkdisk.

And as soon as I have worked out the split wims that will be an option as well.

Was thinking of adding support to intergrate drivers and change HAL type.

any other options reguired?

Once finsihed I will post it.

I didn't get the PM, but can you send me the source code. I could look it a bit. Does it use the wimgapi.dll directly?

I think that the mounting won't work in WinPe, but I'm nota 100% sure about that.

Edited by geezery

just a litle update on what the gui looks like at the moment.

screenshots....

13636873pw2.jpg

I am going to add the option for the different compressions I think.

39942486ie2.jpg

The WimInfo button gives you all the info about WIMS in a nice laid out window from the xml output this includes total sizes so I may use this option for the split wims accross CD's /DVD's

49533009ot1.jpg

The check wim on capture option is the the checkdisk option

I really want to be able to convert the c++ header file for the wimgapi.dll api's to vb6 any takers on this?

what other options would be needed? diskpart GUI to go along side this? map network share? inject drivers option? change hal option?

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work. One question though: If the command line won't work, this won't force it, will it?

<imagex /mount e:\preload\base5.wim 1 c:\vistamount>

returns: The request is not supported.

....why? Please help. I'm desperate

----------------------------------

There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

Edited by rabiddachshund

sorry for the late reply..

I have only got the mount thing working when the waik is installed on your machine.

I will be releaseing a new version which is just about finished.

the finished version and open source will be avaiable later this week.

As before this does not use any API Calls, however I am trying to learn a c++ so that I can use API's from the wimgapi.dll but like like everything trying to learn a new langauge, and exams to study for it may be some time.

But the new version looks plain but works for my Engineers and me.

As before this does not use any API Calls, however I am trying to learn a c++ so that I can use API's from the wimgapi.dll but like like everything trying to learn a new langauge, and exams to study for it may be some time.

Here is some code to get you started. I belive this is everything in wimgapi.h and a couple examples. Some tricky ones are the progress bar ones. Wimgapi is multithreaded so you have to create a form + callback for it on the fly to track the progress when using VB6.

Option Explicit

Public Declare Function WIMApplyImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hImage As Long, ByVal lpszPath As String, ByVal dzApplyFlags As Long) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMCaptureImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal lpszPath As String, ByVal dwCaptureFlags As Long) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMCloseHandle Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hObject As Long) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMCreateFile Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal lpszWimPath As String, ByVal dwDesiredAccess As Long, ByVal dwCreationDisposition As Long, ByVal dwFlagsAndAttributes As Long, ByVal dwCompressionType As Long, ByRef CreationResult As Boolean) As Long
Public Declare Function WIMMountImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal lpszMountPath As String, ByVal lpszWimFileName As String, ByVal dwImageIndex As Long, Optional ByVal lpszTempPath As String) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMDeleteImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal dwApplyFlags As Integer) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMExportImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hImage As Long, ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal dwApplyFlags As Integer) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMGetImageCount Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long) As Integer
Public Declare Function WIMGetMessagecallbackCount Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long) As Integer
Public Declare Function WIMLoadImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal dwImageIndex As Integer) As Long
Public Declare Function WIMSetBootImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal dwImageIndex As Integer) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMSetReferenceFile Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal lpszPath As String, ByVal dwFlags As Integer) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMSplitFile Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal lpszPartPath As String, ByRef pliPartSize As Integer, ByVal dwFlags As Integer) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMUnmountImage Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal lpszMountPath As String, ByVal lpszWimFileName As String, ByVal dwImageIndex As Integer, ByVal bCommitChanges As Boolean) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMSetTemporaryPath Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hwim As Long, ByVal lpszPath As String) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMGetImageInformation Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hImage As Long, ByRef lplpvImageInfo As Long, ByRef lpcbImageInfo As Integer) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMSetImageInformation Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal hImage As Long, ByVal lpvImageInfo As Long, ByVal cbImageInfo As Integer) As Boolean
Public Declare Function WIMMessageCallback Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal dwMessageId As Integer, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal lParam As Long, ByVal lpvUserData As Long) As Integer
Public Declare Function WIMCopyFile Lib "WIMGAPI.DLL" (ByVal lpszExistingFileName As String, ByVal lpszNewFileName As String, ByVal lpProgressRoutine As Any, ByVal lpvData As Long, ByVal pbCancel As Boolean, ByVal dwCopyFlags As Integer) As Boolean

Public Const WIM_GENERIC_READ As Long = &H80000000
Public Const WIM_GENERIC_WRITE As Long = &H40000000
Public Const WIM_CREATE_NEW As Byte = &H1
Public Const WIM_CREATE_ALWAYS As Byte = &H2
Public Const WIM_OPEN_EXISTING As Byte = &H3
Public Const WIM_OPEN_ALWAYS As Byte = &H4
Public Const WIM_COMPRESS_NONE As Byte = 0
Public Const WIM_COMPRESS_XPRESS As Byte = 1
Public Const WIM_COMPRESS_LZX As Byte = 2
Public Const WIM_CREATED_NEW As Byte = 0
Public Const WIM_OPENED_EXISTING As Byte = 1
Public Const WIM_FLAG_RESERVED As Byte = &H1
Public Const WIM_FLAG_VERIFY As Byte = &H2
Public Const WIM_FLAG_INDEX As Byte = &H4
Public Const WIM_FLAG_NO_APPLY As Byte = &H8
Public Const WIM_FLAG_NO_DIRACL As Byte = &H10
Public Const WIM_FLAG_NO_FILEACL As Byte = &H20
Public Const WIM_FLAG_SHARE_WRITE As Byte = &H40
Public Const WIM_FLAG_FILEINFO As Byte = &H80
Public Const WIM_FLAG_NO_RP_FIX As Integer = &H100
Public Const WIM_REFERENCE_APPEND As Long = &H10000
Public Const WIM_REFERENCE_REPLACE As Long = &H20000
Public Const WIM_EXPORT_ALLOW_DUPLICATES As Byte = &H1
Public Const WIM_EXPORT_ONLY_RESOURCES As Byte = &H2
Public Const WIM_EXPORT_ONLY_METADATA As Byte = &H4
Public Const INVALID_CALLBACK_VALUE As Long = &HFFFFFFFF
Public Const WIM_COPY_FILE_RETRY As Long = &H1000000
Public Const WIM_MSG_SUCCESS As Byte = 0&
Public Const WIM_MSG_DONE As Long = &HFFFFFFF0
Public Const WIM_MSG_SKIP_ERROR As Long = &HFFFFFFFE
Public Const WIM_MSG_ABORT_IMAGE As Long = &HFFFFFFFF
Public Const WIM_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL As Byte = &H0
Public Const WIM_ATTRIBUTE_RESOURCE_ONLY As Byte = &H1
Public Const WIM_ATTRIBUTE_METADATA_ONLY As Byte = &H2
Public Const WIM_ATTRIBUTE_VERIFY_DATA As Byte = &H4
Public Const WIM_ATTRIBUTE_RP_FIX As Byte = &H8
Public Const WIM_ATTRIBUTE_SPANNED As Byte = &H10
Public Const WIM_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY As Byte = &H20

Delete

lHandle = WIMCreateFile(ConvertToUniCode("Path_To_Wim"), WIM_GENERIC_WRITE, WIM_OPEN_EXISTING, WIM_FLAG_SHARE_WRITE, WIM_COMPRESS_XPRESS, 0)
WIMSetTemporaryPath(lHandle, ConvertToUniCode(oWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%Temp%")))
WIMDeleteImage(lHandle, cmbImageNumber.Text)
WIMCloseHandle (lHandle)

Mount

WIMMountImage(ConvertToUniCode("Path_To_Mount"), ConvertToUniCode("Path_To_Wim"), ImageNumber, ConvertToUniCode("Path_To_Temp"))

Unmount

WIMUnmountImage(ConvertToUniCode("Path_To_Mount"), ConvertToUniCode("Path_To_Wim"), ImageNumber, True/FalseSaveChanges))

Get Number of Images in WIM file

lHandle = WIMCreateFile(ConvertToUniCode("Path_To_Wim"), WIM_GENERIC_WRITE, WIM_OPEN_EXISTING, WIM_FLAG_SHARE_WRITE, WIM_COMPRESS_XPRESS, 0)
iNumberOfImages = WIMGetImageCount(lHandle)
WIMCloseHandle (lHandle)

• 4 weeks later...

where do you get these two files from..

winfltr.ini

winfltr.sys

ive got the rest but searching on my whole drive but they dont exist. Ill search the web but it might benefit others if they know where to locate them from.