Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Imagex GUI Open Source

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

p4ntb0y

p4ntb0y

• PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 14-February 06
Hi when your making your winpe image I would mount the boot.wim within sources and add the files there in system32 so that you do not have to do the full path for imagex.

The intclg.exe is in my windows aik\tools\x86\intclg.exe

This is just a wrapper dont forget the cmd will be displayed at the bottom of the gui if you cant run the cmd by the cmd then its not going to work in the gui

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

SamboA

SamboA
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 01-September 07

Hi when your making your winpe image I would mount the boot.wim within sources and add the files there in system32 so that you do not have to do the full path for imagex.

The intclg.exe is in my windows aik\tools\x86\intclg.exe

This is just a wrapper dont forget the cmd will be displayed at the bottom of the gui if you cant run the cmd by the cmd then its not going to work in the gui

I did copy to my Flash Drive Folder from my windows aik\tools\x86\intclg.exe hoping it would cause the
GUI to execute ok but I still get a dialog box that appears to be missing headings for the entries to be filled in with
Drive to capture and Backup location and description. When I click on the "Capture WIM Image button" Nothing Happens. Oh Well !!! I must be missing something. I've used ImageX command line out of this Flash Drive folder
as it is and it works fine. I wanted to try this GUI because it really speeds up the process of getting things started and
eliminating my "Fat Finger" mistakes. My command line is pretty long.
"G:\Imagex GUI\imagex.exe" /config "G:\Imagex GUI\Skipmore.ini" /COMPRESS maximum /capture C: "D:\Images-WIM4-24-2007 Data C-Image.WIM" "04-24-2007 Data C-Image.WIM"

I'll watch the forum some more and maybe these old eyes will see the errors of my ways !!!!
Thanks

p4ntb0y

p4ntb0y

• PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 14-February 06
can you try and re create your problem in vmware and send me a screenshot?

martinr

martinr
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-February 05

Basically what be nice is a standard gui with all the options that has a progress bar and will work in winpe 2005 and winpe 2.

Maybe I should bin the vb stuff and just code in c++

You inspired me to do this, and I have just finished my project.

I have written a program called WIMMaster which gives a graphical interface to the Wimgapi library. I wrote the program in C using Visual Studio 2005. It is similar in looks to OnDansWIM, but is quite different below the surface.

I was able to get the progress bar going for Capture/Append and Export, but had no success with Apply. The reason for this is that the WIMApplyImage function in wimgapi apparently spawns a separate thread for its work, and somehow this blocks the communication needed to run the progress bar. I used a modeless dialog instead to indicate that something was going on.

I have a file which contains all my source code, and also a BartPE plugin and a VistaPE script with all the files encoded into it, except for wimgapi.dll and wimfltr.sys which are of course required for both the plugin and the script. My file is too big to upload here, although it is not all that large. It is available for download here.

Anyone wishing to use the source code will need the Wimgapi SDK which comes with the WAIK, and also Visual Studio 2005. Visual Studio 2003 seemed to have problems reading wimgapi.h, because of all the __in, __out and other similar descriptors it uses.

A number of interesting points arise in the source code. One of them is that the use of a file name for an image is not mandatory as it is with imagex, although it obviously makes sense to have one in a multi-image file. It is actually quite complicated to get the names and descriptions into the wim; I had to write a special function to edit the image to achieve this.

I hope that some will find the coding instructive, and the program useful. It seems to work as well as imagex does.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Looks very nice.

killerlp

killerlp
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 22-July 07
I have also seen the error SamboA encounter. Any updates or error in how we set up??

:unsure:

spacesurfer

spacesurfer

Pharmassist

• Patrons
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined 31-July 04
If you're having the problem of nothing happening, are you sure your wimfltr service is started?

Try the following before trying to capture in command prompt:

net start wimfltr
This will start the wimfltr service necessary for imagex.

Edited by spacesurfer, 16 November 2007 - 12:06 PM.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz, ASUS Radeon EAH3450 256 MB, 6 GB Corsair RAM, Maxtor 300 GB + Seagate 400 GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
IBM T42 Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Radeon Mobility 7500, 160 GB HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

mrphrosty

mrphrosty
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07
You guys may want to check out GImageX and WIMMaster (much more refined set of tools IMO):
http://www.msfn.org/...ls-t107920.html

moose-jimsim

moose-jimsim
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 30-May 08
cheers m8 looks good :)

Mr.John_Doe

Mr.John_Doe

• 15 posts
  • Joined 24-August 07
Hello,

can I ask you some Questions please.
How does you created this form? Can I use visual Studio express and what do you have to put on the CD to run self builded programs?
Or is there an other way to create a gui? I have created some vbscripts which then I have to port to visual Studio VB ...

Thanks for your help...

jdoman

jdoman
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-July 08
How can I get this thing to work in WinPE? No matter what I do, it will not start up when I boot to a WinPE CD. What are the prerequisites?

download292932

download292932
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-July 09
Where can i get all the required files from, Geez i chose a bad name, Can it be changed to ReCreate?

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,925 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Where can i get all the required files from, Geez i chose a bad name, Can it be changed to ReCreate?

Concerning a name change, please post here:
http://www.msfn.org/...hp?showforum=23

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

belivakov

belivakov

• 36 posts
  • Joined 03-March 07
Hi,
Based on MS ImageX driver and Imagex GUI I compile portable application. For me it works perfect. Size is 784 kB.

Edited by belivakov, 17 April 2010 - 12:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users