Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Solved] Can't Mount Own Images

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

spacesurfer

spacesurfer

Pharmassist

• Patrons
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined 31-July 04
I created a Windows XP .wim image using imagex. However, I can't mount the image. Says the file not found.

I'm using a script to do this and it mounts vista's install.wim image from DVD fine. But I can't mount an image created my self. All paths are correct.

Is mounting your own images not allowed by imagex?

Edited by spacesurfer, 14 June 2007 - 10:14 AM.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz, ASUS Radeon EAH3450 256 MB, 6 GB Corsair RAM, Maxtor 300 GB + Seagate 400 GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
IBM T42 Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Radeon Mobility 7500, 160 GB HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

vim

vim

Junior

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 23-May 06
What errors are you getting?
How did you install imageX? Just pull the files into a directory? If so you need to install.
If you have the correct files, right-click and left-click Install on the file "wimfltr.inf".

spacesurfer

spacesurfer

Pharmassist

• Patrons
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined 31-July 04
@vim

I installed WAIK on my main computer. It works there.

On my virtual machine, I'm using just the files, which are imagex.exe, intlcfg.exe, wimfltr.inf, wimfltr.sys, wimgapi.dll. It doesn't work on my virtual machine.

So I did what you said, right-click then install wimfltr.inf. It showed it installed. Then I restarted and I still get this error. See screenshot below:

Attached Files

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz, ASUS Radeon EAH3450 256 MB, 6 GB Corsair RAM, Maxtor 300 GB + Seagate 400 GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
IBM T42 Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Radeon Mobility 7500, 160 GB HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

spacesurfer

spacesurfer

Pharmassist

• Patrons
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined 31-July 04
Okay, I realize what's happened. The right-click --> install on wimfltr.inf works. It didn't work on my nlited install of XP.

More information:

In order to get ImageX to mount without WAIK installed, you need to install KB914882. If you don't want to install WAIK or this KB, you need four files (fltmc.exe, fltlib.dll, fltmgr.inf, and fltmgr.sys). Right-click on fltmgr.inf and do install. You also need to right-click wimfltr.inf to install as well.

Once these are installed, do "net start wimfltr" to start the service and you should be able to mount.

This successfully worked in my nlited XP (which had failed before I did this) and this allows me to create a BartPE plugin that doesn't require the source to have KB914882 integrated. Here's an ImageX plugin for BartPE if anyone is looking for it: ImageX Plugin for BartPE

Edited by spacesurfer, 10 June 2007 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users