nLite 1.4 beta - Back to the roots

nuhi

the sfc problem persist in 2k3 sp2 too, besides XP

this probly due to improper setting of

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SfcDisable to 0

It should be 0xffffff9d

manually making the change doesnt persist over a reboot.

EDIT:

Thanks Mauri , for pointing out th err , it was a typo :(

Edited by Innocent Devil

jgurtz, and it never occurred to you that it's more likely that your install failed and the settings were aborted before applied than that I made 100 mistakes at once?

Look at your windows\setuperr.log

I'm not sure what happened on the HP machine but I redid an image with the last stable and it worked near perfect like always so...? I don't think it's 100s of issues just several that were standing out. Didn't mean to sound mad or anything...just wanted more to warn people to watch closely with this new release.

I now have in front of me an old piece of S*** pcchips mobo (1Ghz P3 w/512MB) and this time more than a day to get into production (it's a side project) so I will try 1.4 again and can look more in detail at the issues this time.

EDIT: this poor little thing is gonna be a DC and DNS/WINS so it's a good testing scenario I think ;)

Edited by jgurtz

Just want to say thank you nuhi for a great tool. Lets us finally take control and beat Windows into submission. I hope that you continue to focus most of your energy into nLite rather than vLite (no offense Vista users). In the future, it be nice to see even more detailed removals (sub-removals?). I also think its important to work on more hardware removal, since alot of these are loaded on startup regardless of whether or not you have the hardware. Thanks alot nuhi. :D

the sfc problem persist in 2k3 sp2 too, besides XP

this probly due to improper setting of

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SfcDisable to 0

It shiuld be 0xfffffffd

manually making the change doesnt persist over a reboot.

ffffff9d

at least for me in XP PRO SP2

Small tip :

Untill nuhi fixes the tweak : 'Explorer > Preset Places Bar to > C:, D:, E:, Desktop, My Network Places', then add the following reg entry into your post-install reg file :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ComDlg32\Placesbar]
"Place4"=dword:00000012

nLite itself sets the entry to 'My Recent Documents' instead of 'My Network Places' :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ComDlg32\Placesbar]
"Place4"=dword:00000008

Edited by Martin H

Nuhi, sorry..........another one :blushing:

This time using 1.4 beta and only integrated WMP11 and IE7 (besides SP2)

I think nLited CD do not allow to reinstall OS. because I installed from zero another PC a few days ago and everything was ok.

Even if I choose to continue the installation, when reboot, do not allow me to continue asking for that missing file that everytime I create a CD another file seems to be lost or something like that

Mauri :hello:

post-129732-1187913487_thumb.jpg

Ultima_Sesi_n.ini

Nuhi..... tired of getting different error msgs each time I decided to do another things....

I installed an empty HD and used the same nlited XP with this HD......... booted from CD and installation was successfull, no errors at all..... when I tried to re-install it the copy of files was ok in this HD, no problems at all.

:thumbup

So what's going on? :blink:

Why do not allow me to re-install with the HD I'm using? tells me everytime that it can't copy some kind of file and the CD is ok, with the other HD, the CD works perfect! :wacko:

Maybe because my HD is installed with an nlited cd made with nlite 1.3RC2 and because now I use an nlited CD 1.4 beta should be the reason? :ph34r:

I have no idea and I need to sleep now :thumbup

One more thing... the PC I'm using is the same all the time, I only changed HD for testing.

Edited by Mauri

I've been told that the SP3 pre-beta should slipstream just fine with nLite.

I slipstreamed the service pack as the first step on a fresh copy of Windows XP SP2 (VLK/Corp) build. There were no errors during the slipstream, but the second it tried to remove components it said driver.cab was corrupt. I've used this source to make other nLite CD's with no problem, and it is fine. The only reason driver.cab could/should be corrupt is if nLite didn't slipstream SP3 correctly, or it doesn't recognize it as valid after the fact.

Anyone else run into this?

Hey nhui,

Just a small thing....; when slipstreaming RyanVM's 2.1.11 update pack and code's 2.1.12 addon-RyanVM is on hiatus to finish his schooling-nlite 1.4b mislabels Flash in txtsetup-this error found by code...-should be "Flash9d and FlashUtil9d" sans quotes. nlite labels them both as "c" preventing Flash from installing and registering the ocx at all.

Other than that-for me anyways-nlite 1.4b works perfectly; absolutely awesome...thanks a bunch

update Sept 10, 2007

nlite 1.4b install is corrupted slipstreaming RougeSpears's and code66536's latest releases; srcclient.dll, WMPenc.exe, framedyn.dll files not found; therefore, no group policy, user accounts or Internet Explorer. I've attached the ini's and some logs from a failed install-Failed.7z

Edited by RickSteele

quick question on odd error in Vista x86.

When I select multiple exe's it crashes nLite with error: nLite has stopped working.

Steps Performed:

Start nLite.

Next.

Select OS Base

Next

Next

Tick Hotfixes, Drivers, Unattended, Options, Tweaks, Bootable ISO.

Next

Click Insert.

Navagate to my C:\Temp and press control A

Clock Open

Crash

I can select single files fine, but as soon as I select 2 or more, poof.

Any workarounds?