Possible to Slipstream SP3 & Updates into Windows Media Center Edi

docta

Hey guys -- I've got a quick question.

I know this has been discussed before, and I've done extensive searching on the subject: but is it possible to slipstream SP3 and the most critical post-SP3 updates (IE8 included) into Windows MCE 2005?

The problem is that a SP3 slipstream breaks media center -- it it downgrades Windows Media Player to 9 (10 is included in MCE 2005). There may be other issues but that's the problem I'm most familiar with.

I've tried several different ways (all involving nlite) of accomplishing this and non have been successful. I've even tried slipstreaming WMP 10 and 11 after SP3 slipstreams.

Any help, or a point by point how to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance -- if you have any questions please feel free to ask. :P

docta, I know little about MCE, but I do know that some versions of MCE are not capable of accepting SP3. Searches should reveal the versions if you are not familiar. Others have been successful with nLite and MCE. So, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

No as far as I know it is not entirely possible. Your best bet is to get ahold of an original MSDN Media Center SP3 disk.

I had plans to do a file compair on an original MSDN SP3 Media Center disk and a slipstreamed disk... but I never got around to doing it.

It would be great if someone figured out an easy method to actually do it correctly. If you find anything concrete please let me know.