7z SFX Modified Module and Tools

Oleg_Sch

No Add Password Support ??

AFAIK Oleg_Sch modules doesn't support encripted archives, isn't it?

In my opinion it could be useful if I send a secret file to someone, so I simply have to say: "launch it, input password and enjoy it" (without have to extract, then browse to get it, then finally launch it).

ATM WinRAR sfx can do it, so... why Oleg_Sch should have to not do it? :rolleyes:

Hi, AlbatroS.

Compression of the module can cause FALSE detection of some anti-virus programs. In this case you can switch-off compression of the module through a file Settings.ini:

; To use compression - 1 or 2, is not use - 0

useUPX=0

All this is in detail described in Russian Manual. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, AlbatroS.

I hope Oleg_Sch will reply too (will modules support encripted archives?).

If you will be satisfied with my answer, at Russian forum Oleg_Sch responded, that: "Support by the module of encryption is NOT planned"

Hi, AlbatroS.

Compression of the module can cause FALSE detection of some anti-virus programs. In this case you can switch-off compression of the module through a file Settings.ini:

useUPX=0

Hi, gora.

Upacked files (Total Commander tool use Upack even if it shows "UPX" in settings.ini) are generically tagged as malicious/suspicious by some AVs. Below you can see Virustotal results of same file packed using UPX instead.

So can UPX be considered best way to compress without AVs false detection risk?

UPX packer:

AhnLab-V3 2008.1.19.10 2008.01.18 -

AntiVir 7.6.0.48 2008.01.20 -

Authentium 4.93.8 2008.01.20 -

Avast 4.7.1098.0 2008.01.20 -

AVG 7.5.0.516 2008.01.19 -

BitDefender 7.2 2008.01.20 -

CAT-QuickHeal 9.00 2008.01.19 -

ClamAV 0.91.2 2008.01.20 -

DrWeb 4.44.0.09170 2008.01.19 -

eSafe 7.0.15.0 2008.01.16 suspicious Trojan/Worm

eTrust-Vet 31.3.5470 2008.01.18 -

Ewido 4.0 2008.01.20 -

FileAdvisor 1 2008.01.20 -

Fortinet 3.14.0.0 2008.01.20 -

F-Prot 4.4.2.54 2008.01.19 -

F-Secure 6.70.13260.0 2008.01.19 -

Ikarus T3.1.1.20 2008.01.20 -

Kaspersky 7.0.0.125 2008.01.20 -

McAfee 5211 2008.01.18 -

Microsoft 1.3109 2008.01.20 -

NOD32v2 2807 2008.01.19 -

Norman 5.80.02 2008.01.18 -

Panda 9.0.0.4 2008.01.19 -

Prevx1 V2 2008.01.20 -

Rising 20.27.62.00 2008.01.20 -

Sophos 4.24.0 2008.01.20 -

Sunbelt 2.2.907.0 2008.01.17 -

Symantec 10 2008.01.20 -

TheHacker 6.2.9.191 2008.01.19 -

VBA32 3.12.2.5 2008.01.19 -

VirusBuster 4.3.26:9 2008.01.20 -

Webwasher-Gateway 6.6.2 2008.01.20 -

Hi, AlbatroS.

In the first versions of "button" it was used UPX and you can use UPX instead of WinUpack. In a file Settings.ini make the following:

; Path to the UPX
pathUPX=!COMMANDER_PATH!\Utilites\SFX Tool\upx.exe
;pathUPX=!COMMANDER_PATH!\Utilites\SFX Tool\Upack.exe
useUPX=1
; The command line for UPX
cmdlinUPX=--best --all-methods
;cmdlinUPX=-c2 -f222

File upx.exe put in the specified folder or replace a way to it.

I cant seem to find any documentation on how to specify InstallPath as a parameter on the exe, is it possible?

If not, is there any alternative way?

InstallPath="path_to_extract"

Sets the extraction path. The extraction folder will not be deleted after the extraction.

If the 'InstallPath' value is not present in the config file or the path was deleted from the interactive extraction dialog, the archive will be extracted to a temporary folder. This temporary folder will be deleted after the extraction and execution of all commands.

Environment variables are allowed (with the exception of %%T and variables defined in 'SetEnvironment', if %%T is used in any of them). You MUST use DOUBLE backslashes in paths. For example:

InstallPath="C:\\Windows\\system32\\test"

or

InstallPath="%PROGRAMFILES%\\test"

Relative paths are allowed. The current folder is the one from which the program launching SFX archive was executed. For example,

InstallPath="test"

creates a folder with the name of "test" in the folder from which the program launching SFX archive was executed. All files will be extracted to the "test" folder. On the other hand,

InstallPath="."

extracts the archive content to the folder from which the program launching SFX archive was executed. Also,

InstallPath="%%S"

extracts the archive content to the folder where the SFX is located.

If all you need is to extract the archive content to a certain folder, you need to specify a value for 'InstallPath' in the config file. In this case you should not specify 'RunProgram' or 'ExecuteFile' in the config file. 'AutoInstall' or 'AutoInstallX' may be specified in the config file, but should not be invoked via the command line or with the [sHIFT] key. If you specify 'RunProgram' or 'ExecuteFile' or invoke 'AutoInstall' and 'AutoInstallX', the specified executable will be launched after the extraction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just found these more extensive modules and am playing with them a bit. I had be using 7-Zip's defaults to create SFX files. I'm testing it on an Adobe reader install. Before, I used to have it run a batch file after unpacking. The batch file would install the app and remove various shortcuts. I'm trying to thin the code down with these new modules...

It does the install just fine but never deletes that stupid little shortcut. Ideas?

config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
Title="Adobe Reader Installation"
; // Quiet install that shows progress bar only
GUIMode="1"
; // Set environments
SetEnvironment="Var1=\"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\DESKTOP\\ADOBE READER 8.LNK\""
; // Installation
ExecuteFile="fm05:AdbeRdr812_en_US.exe"
; // Switches
ExecuteParameters="/sPB /rs /l /msi\"/qb-! /norestart /log c:\\acrobat8.log ALLUSERS=2 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES\"\""
; // Deletes the shortcut dropped on the desktop
Delete="%Var1%"
FinishMessage="Adobe Reader has been installed."
;!@InstallEnd@!

rkillcrazy, may be so:

SetEnvironment="Var1=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\DESKTOP\\ADOBE READER 8.LNK"

You have errors in line

ExecuteParameters="/sPB /rs /l /msi\"/qb-! /norestart /log c:\\acrobat8.log ALLUSERS=2 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES\"\""

Check up inverted commas.

rkillcrazy, may be so:

You have errors in line

Check up inverted commas.

OK, that worked fine - thanks!

However, how can you tell I have errors in the line full of switches? It runs fine in a normal batch file with those switches. I had to escape a few of those quotes with back slashes so it looks a little different from what you'd see using a command line. Furthermore, as far as I can tell, it installs without errors when using the SFX file. Am I missing something?

config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
Title="Adobe Reader Installation"
; // Quiet install that shows progress bar only
GUIMode="1"
; // Sets variables
; // Installation
ExecuteFile="AdbeRdr812_en_US.exe"
; // Switches are: /sPB /rs /l /msi"/qb-! /norestart /log c:\acrobat8.log ALLUSERS=2 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES""
; // Deletes the shortcut dropped on the desktop
Delete="%Var1%"
;!@InstallEnd@!