USB Drive Target Error

judas15k

However for anyone having problems on Windows 7, I solved it by editing the USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd script. At the very top you will see a line VER | find "6.0." > nul

Change it to VER | find "6.1." > nul to detect that its Windows 7 you are running the script on. fsutil should then recognize your drives correctly.

Hope this helps .... do let me know if it doesnt !

thanks! that`s the solution that worked for me.. (Windows 7)

• 5 months later...

Running Windows 7 and Im haveing the same problem as above. Says my USB stick isnt formatted fat fat32 or ntsf and therefore not valid.

I have tried the above fixes and yet I still have the issue. Can someone explore this further?

LMAO UPDATE: Used the PE GUI Interface and walla. It sees me now... Thats after I have done all the above fixes... Now lest see if I get a successfull boot instal ;p

Please be more specified!!!! i have the same problem but i can't understant what did u do to work it out!!! same w7 problem with UAC turned off etc. etc. etc. same error!!!! X(

I agree ... thats not very useful when someone says it has worked for them and not give any details about it.

However for anyone having problems on Windows 7, I solved it by editing the USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd script. At the very top you will see a line VER | find "6.0." > nul

Change it to VER | find "6.1." > nul to detect that its Windows 7 you are running the script on. fsutil should then recognize your drives correctly.

How do I change the USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd script?

[How do I change the USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd script?

R-mouse on USB__MultiBoot_10.cmd allows to Select Edit so that you can make changes in Notepad ;)

• 1 month later...

I am getting the same error and I have tried all but one thing listed on this blog so far and still no dice. The only thing listed here that I haven't tried is the suggestion about "FIXPATH". I did not know how to do that. But no one has replied saying that worked for them anyway. I am doing this on a Windows 7 OS. I am really not at a stable mental state at this point; LOL. Beating my head against the wall. Please someone help me.

The only thing listed here that I haven't tried is the suggestion about "FIXPATH". I did not know how to do that.

Click the link in the 3rd post, extract "fixpath.exe" from the downloaded zip file, extract it to (for instance) c:\temp\ , then double-click it or from a command line type "C:\temp\fixpath.exe" without the quotes. Then reboot and retry.

• 10 months later...

Running Windows 7 and Im haveing the same problem as above. Says my USB stick isnt formatted fat fat32 or ntsf and therefore not valid.

I have tried the above fixes and yet I still have the issue. Can someone explore this further?

LMAO UPDATE: Used the PE GUI Interface and walla. It sees me now... Thats after I have done all the above fixes... Now lest see if I get a successfull boot instal ;p

Please be more specified!!!! i have the same problem but i can't understant what did u do to work it out!!! same w7 problem with UAC turned off etc. etc. etc. same error!!!! X(

I agree ... thats not very useful when someone says it has worked for them and not give any details about it.

IT WORKS PERFECT!!!!!!! thanks ;)

• 2 months later...

I am getting the same error and I have tried all but one thing listed on this blog so far and still no dice. The only thing listed here that I haven't tried is the suggestion about "FIXPATH". I did not know how to do that. But no one has replied saying that worked for them anyway. I am doing this on a Windows 7 OS. I am really not at a stable mental state at this point; LOL. Beating my head against the wall. Please someone help me.

please download this file

http://www.mediafire.com/?9qq03qrq20i8nd5

And put it in to your usb_multiboot_10 folder.

:hello:

Well, MSFN is not a blog.

And this is not an article.

You have joined a technical board (MSFN) and you are reading a thread where someone else that had a problem reported it and some other members helped in finding (hopefully) a solution to it.

You are NOT having "the same error" (or maybe you are, but without an exact description of your environment is hard to say).

What you should do is:

1. DON'T PANIC
    (assume the above to be in large, friendly letters :) )
  2. take some time to regain a stable mental state (leave that poor, innocent wall alone! ;))
  3. post again describing your situation, what you did EXACTLY, what happens EXACTLY, etc., see http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

and someone will possibly be able to help you fix the issue.

jaclaz