HFSLIP64 v1.1.5 released

Tomcat76

You'll need to extract the hotfix, rename the mui files to something else to keep 8.3 format, and make the appropriate entries in txtsetup.sif. The code of hfslip64 is a little different than hfslip 1.x. HFSLIP64 was written by tomcat76, not me. It's not easy tweaking someone elses code, and it's even tougher when you don't know what the end result should be. Perhaps the snippet from 1.x can be used. If you tell me what to add, I'll add it in. I don't plan on figuring it out myself. Sorry dude.

Don't worry, I'll make a few experiments and see what happens.

I just need to now one thing: Handling of MSI4.5 should somehow be excluded from "regular" HF handling and be dealt with separately, right?

(I think that's what happens in HFSLIP)

Oh, and BTW, looking at HFSLIP's code, it seems it extracts all mui files, then finds the one corresponding to the language in SOURCE and renames the file to msimsg.mui. Something like that needs to be done.

Ok, I now know what's going on:

First 942288 has to be added to the "ignore" variables.

Then, a special section for MSI45 needs to be created.

The file msimsg.dll.xx-yy.mui needs to be renamed to msimsg.mui (where xx-yy is the lang in source)

Add the correct values to txtsetup.sif/dosnet.inf

Finally the files need to be copied to the appropriate folders.

The code could be ported, the problem is that the dir. structure used by HFSLIP64 is different from the one used by HFLSIP, plus the variable names are also different. If that can be figured out, it wouldn't be very difficult, I guess.

Edited by jvidal

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I'm from Russia, so I know English is not perfect.

I have two questions:

1. Please describe step by step process of integrating IE8 in WinXP Pro SP2 x64. I have the installer, downloaded from the official site of Microsoft "IE8-WindowsServer2003-x64-ENU.exe", and the latest version HFSLIP64 1.1.5)))

2. Can I use this tool to integrate .NET Framework 1.1-3.5? If possible, please explain how.

Thank you in advance!

Check out this link - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8232 for a fairly comprehensive list of various .NET options, from strel's excellent build your own tool, to several pre-built options, many of them can also be found on this forum. Most of the pre-built need to be installed at run-once. I also admit that most, if not all, of those options are intended for use with 32bit versions of Windows. I have not used any of the 64bit versions myself, so someone else will have to comment whether they can be used with 64bit versions or not. Good luck and keep us informed with your progress.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

bphlpt, thanks for the link! The authors of addons write that will only work on 32-bit OS and "Silent. NET Maker (strel)", as I understand it, too

supporting all latest. NET framework versions, and all its hotfixes and langpacks for win 2K/XP/2K3 x86

I tried to install one of the addons by svcpack method on T-13, but nothing happened. I will look for 64-bit addon ...

Edited by Yuran172

Looking at the code, you'd need to use HFFIRSTLOGON_SW1 for an msi installer. Are you sure that you need UPHClean-Setup.msi for your machine? If you aren't experiencing slow shutdowns, then you don't need it. No use installing something if you don't need it.

tommyp, thanks for the explanation! Could you upgrade to the current "Windows XP Professional SP2 x64" hotfix list http://www.hfslip.org/64/H64_hflists_XPSP2x64.html type as "Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 Hotfixes" http://www.vorck.com/windows/hotfixes_2000.html ? Or with XP all is easier, than in 2000 and simply put all the updates in the HF folder? I don't want to use nLite (not trust)...

Edited by Yuran172

Yuran172, I know you don't trust nLite, but you might want to check out HOW TO create a fully up to date XP x64 DVD if you haven't already. Even if you choose to try to use HFSLIP instead of nLite, and there are valid reasons to do so, you might be able to use the info provided to at least discover WHAT you need, list of updates etc, even if you have to figure out WHERE to put them. The above mentioned thread seems to be very active and up to date, and the participants seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful, many of which I've worked with in other places on this and other forums. Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

bphlpt, big thanks for the info!

I tried to integrate all updates using HFSLIP, putting them in HF folder (only type 1 hotfix), but got error during installation. Using nLite same situation...

The article "HOW TO create a fully up to date XP x64 DVD" useful, but too big and hard for me, because I'm from Russia - it will require a lot of time.

I made easier: download all necessary updates and integrate them by SVCPACK method (type 1 and type 2 hotfix with different keys). This way is not ideal, because significantly increased the size of distribution, but reliable and predictable.

Once again thank you all for your help! As will be more free time I will continue its work!

• 7 years later...