How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

I can't make any logic why using nLite in that manner would cause such error...

Once it's installed, can you try again the nLited version?

Was the fourth partition active? Was there such?

How large the hard disk is?

Is the 4th partition beyond 137GB boundary?

hi

thank you very much for you

I try to make my USB HDD bootable by this program but when I want to add any thing such as winxp or win7 or ISO BootCD I see this error

I attached its log file

please help me

thank you very much

How did you partition the disk? grub4dos installer complains about bad partition table:

grubinst: Bad partition table, if you're sure that the partition list is ok, please run this program again with --skip-mbr-test option.

Go to disk management. Backup data if you have such on the USB disk. Delete all partitions. Create new ones. Set first one active.

Using safely remove hardware icon disconnect the disk. Replug it and try the program again.

hi

thank you very much for you

I try to make my USB HDD bootable by this program but when I want to add any thing such as winxp or win7 or ISO BootCD I see this error

I attached its log file

please help me

thank you very much

How did you partition the disk? grub4dos installer complains about bad partition table:

grubinst: Bad partition table, if you're sure that the partition list is ok, please run this program again with --skip-mbr-test option.

Go to disk management. Backup data if you have such on the USB disk. Delete all partitions. Create new ones. Set first one active.

Using safely remove hardware icon disconnect the disk. Replug it and try the program again.

I partitioned the disk by the same program "grup4dos"

but when I did what is you said now, it work correctly :)

thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, when i hit the GO button to install XP into USB i got this mesagge: "grubinst.exe could not find a Master Boot Record and partition table on the selected disk" can you help me?

Did you partition the device with RMPREPUSB (or with anything else)?

jaclaz

This software works great! I am able to install either windows xp or window 7. Is there a way to have multiple versions of windows xp or 7? My goal is to setup my usb drive to install windows 7 pro, home or ultimate. as well as windows xp pro or home. I am also trying to rename the selection when I launch the installation, but have been unsuccessful. Will you please help. Thanks

This software works great! I am able to install either windows xp or window 7. Is there a way to have multiple versions of windows xp or 7? My goal is to setup my usb drive to install windows 7 pro, home or ultimate. as well as windows xp pro or home.

Re-read, this time SLOWLY first post on this very thread.

What it can be used for adding to your USB stick/disk:

- multiple Windows XP/2kX sources in the same partition (up to 10 99 with vers. 1.0). They have to be in the first(no longer applies to 1.0 versions) any primary partition of the USB disk if hard disk type. If USB stick- Windows will not see any other partitions, but the first one, so you are restricted to it anyway.

Existing folders ~BT and ~LS and TXTSETUP.SIF will be renamed, and SETUPLDR.BIN and SETUPDD.SYS patched against the new names. Checksum checks are also corrected.(no longer applies to 1.0 versions). BTS OEM folders are supported and renamed accordingly.

- Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 setup to different primary partitions. Multiple Vista sources in the SAME partition are NOT supported. Place your second Vista/7/Server 2008 setup in another partition. It can be placed in any primary partition. If looking for several Vista/Server 2008/7 sources in the same partition have a look here or if just for 7 or Vista here. The first ling would require you manually to put everything to the USB disk, if using the second you can point the program to the prepared AOI source.

Please note how first link:

http://sites.google.com/site/rmprepusb/tutorials/how-to-create-a-usb-drive-that-will-install-vista-win7-and-server-2008

should now actually be:

http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-usb-drive-that-will-install-vista-win7-and-server-2008

I am also trying to rename the selection when I launch the installation, but have been unsuccessful. Will you please help. Thanks

Sometimes I wonder WHY people wants (actually demands :ph34r: ) to introduce their own variations BEFORE having become familiar with a tool/procedure. :w00t:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Thanks for offering this excellent program, I really like it.

I suggest that WinSetupFromUSB can support multiple languages just like the current RMPrepUSB.

I am from China, If you can, I want to make Simplified Chinese language file for this program.

Hi,

I downloaded wsfUSB 0.2.3 and I need to install nLite-d WINXP on my usb stick, but when I get to choose source, I get error message saying "This doesn't seem to be valid source, could not find DOSNET.INF". Before that, I had a different error message saying something like "WIN32.exe could not be found", but that one disappeared now...

Any advices please?

Thank you.