Recent Items - mysterious items appearing in recent items

rivista

hello

i have recently uninstalled all norton and norton 360 products from a friends computer and installed your installer 2008!

after finishing the install/uninstall operations and the programs have cleaned up the computer - vista o/s - there were items found in the recent items menu that i had not opened or looked at

i am now being questioned about these items and opening them without permission BUT I DID NOT open them

is there anyway while running unistaller programs that vista might have thought files/folders were being opened?

does anyone have any other ideas?

my honesty and integrity is at stake here!

Only files such as word documents, pdf documents, text documents show up in that menu item. Programs should not show or nor do folders.

my guess is they were opened previous and those items were never removed.

but we really need to know what kind of items are showing up in there.....

If you delete items from the recent documents menu doesn't it ad in previous ones? if you look in the folder of recent documents theres normally 1000's of shortcuts, at least, theres normally in mine, and if i delete them manually out of the recent list it just brings up the older ones

I think, i'm not 100% sure, it may help explain

Hi Stead .... that all makes sense but the dates and times were showing as the time that I was uninstalling NORTON and installing YOUR UNINSTALLER2008! Could dates/times get changed on the recent items?

if there was a scan done that could explain it, i'm not sure if indexing service would set the last accessed time, on the other hand, if they get loaded into the recent documents, i'd of thought that itself would set last accessed stamp as its reading the data to load into the recent documents, if that makes sense?

at least thats the only thing i can think of