Post-RTM Updates for Windows 7 (Discontinued)

Please note: Downloads for Post-RTM updates for Windows 7 are now gone, and i've discontinued support for this version! If you wish to keep on getting updates for Windows 7, i'd recommend you upgrade to SP1.

Edited by steven4554

• 6 months later...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me how this works? I have the UL files now and they are downloading the updates for Win7 (thanks), but does that list of available updates get updated automatically as MS release updates or do I need to download an updated UL every now and then?

Can someone explain to me how this works? I have the UL files now and they are downloading the updates for Win7 (thanks), but does that list of available updates get updated automatically as MS release updates or do I need to download an updated UL every now and then?

I update the lists whenever an update gets released by MS, (though for win7 UL's any updates released since my last update will be included in the next one, when MS releases their updates on patch tuesday!) as i always check the MS site, you will need to download any UL's everytime when they've been updated.

Edited by steven4554

Ah, OK so there is no way to have the updates downloadable when they are made available, i.e. this morning my PC says there are new updates available... but the UL I have has not changed (as per your info in first post).

Is there other options to download updates when they are available and have that list auto check for new updates every now and then?

Sorry if my Q's seem dumb, just trying to work out how I can download the updates to one PC and then put them onto a file server here so I can add those updates to the other 5 PC's - save me download bandwidth as I have limited bandwidth available.

Sorry if my Q's seem dumb, just trying to work out how I can download the updates to one PC and then put them onto a file server here so I can add those updates to the other 5 PC's - save me download bandwidth as I have limited bandwidth available.
Consider something like WSUS then - WSUS 3.0 SP2 on a Windows Server will act as a WU point and download/cache updates, you approve the updates to be downloaded and made available to clients from WSUS based on the options you configure, and then you point your machines at the WSUS server instead of WU for updates.

WUD is something more useful to folks who need to cache updates for slipstreaming into images, or personal machine use, etc - when you start getting into having multiple machines and desiring control over updates, caching, etc, you need to look for something designed more for that (like WSUS is).

• 3 weeks later...