Native 64-Bit software List

medhunter

Relatively New to windows XP 64Bit , tried it but frustrated with lack of Native Apps

Hope to find complete ,Uptodate ,Native 64-Bit software List

OR

Or alternatively, we may share programs we install after each windows installation of XP64-Bit

Edited by medhunter

Not enough at all , want something more Native ,Nothing just compatible.

Besides I want to Share XP 64-Bit Apps running on users' PCs ..... Hopefully

Here is mine (NATIVE only)so far

Avast Antivirus

Infra recoeder (CD/DVD burner)

Klite Coed Pack X64

Winrar

In addition to other Compatible apps.

PLZ share your Native Apps from Program Files Directory not from x86 dir.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Just to revive this thread, I wonder if we are running more native 64-bit applications than three years ago. Here's what I've run natively in 64-bit (I switched to Windows XP x64 Edition in Novemember 2011).

Seamonkey 2.17.1 (Unofficial x64 Build)

7-Zip 9.20

Ccleaner 3.28

ByteEssence Registry Cleaner

MSE x64 build for Vista/7 (it installs and works in XP x64)

I had run uTorrent 3.0 x64, however it's stability was questionable, and I found it slower than the x86 build. I also liked Media Player Classic x64. However, I browse a site often that uses RealMedia to present old radio airchecks (doh!). The site admin refuses to convert the codec to something more modern, so I have to use MPC's x86 build.

• 5 months later...

However, I browse a site often that uses RealMedia to present old radio airchecks (doh!). The site admin refuses to convert the codec to something more modern, so I have to use MPC's x86 build.

There is a x64 build of VLC, which has it's own decoders, it might be worth trying that.

Some other native, or partly native applications that I am aware of are ACDSee, Directory Opus, WinRAR, Defraggler, QSoft RAMDisk, VirtualBox and MiniTool Partition Wizard.

You can also use MPC HomeCinema x64 with a decent set of codecs. Check out these. They are regularly and frequently updated. There are additional x64 codecs to install for use in an x64 OS with a x64 media player. If you look in the Tools section, you will find links to versions of MPC-HC, both x86 and x64, that have been specifically tweaked to work well with Shark007's codecs. As far as I know, they will play RealMedia files. Please let us know if that solution works for you.

Cheers and Regards

Well I installed the experimental x64 version of VLC v2.11. It can load the stream by having the user provide the URL for the Real Media item (it even shows the time length). But since there are no 64 bit Real Media codecs installed (or in existence), it won't render the stream.

Now it appears (though I've not tested this) that if I had the *.ram file locally present on my hard disk, I could then play the Real Media file. But it's a no go for streaming. So I gues I'm sticking to MPC-HC x86 (by the way, MPC has most of it's own codecs too; I only add the "Alternative" apps for Real and QuickTime)