The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

S

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm so happy I'm dancing at this moment :hello::thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I got it working I' got my info back and throwing the seagate 7200.11 seagate hard drive to the garbage and I'm not going to buy there products again

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO HELP OUT

Edited by chapin4life

Hello~

HD model : ST3750330AS

Firmware : SD15

I would like to ask can I use this model of RS-232 to TTL converter?? I need to comfirm it can be used before ordering.

BTY, from the pic I not sure which pins are the TX and RX... :wacko:

rs232kp1.th.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me, thank you.

Hello, where can you find +7 volt and -18volt for external power supply?

And 3,3 volts seems better than 5 v for output power TTL logic. So.... :hello:

Does anyone know if this BSY fix will work on the HP24 firmware?

I have a Seagate 750GB OEM drive (from HP) which is listed as one of the drives affected (according to Seagate's site).

It bricked (BSY.....no BIOS detection) on me 3 days ago.

Thanks for any and all help.

Edited by cworthley

It's the same for me, my disk make a sound every time I power it on.

It has never fallen yet.

my sound is in attachment, he is different from that of mrkimrkonja

WolfDie and mrkimrkonja

I have found the same problem and one solution at this webpage: http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=11:36760-134

okapi had the same problem: Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008

I have translated this with google translator:

"Push your finger on the card on top of contacts leading to germoblok and again imposed a command U (no extraction toe) - and everything turned out! Next was the instructions about not remembering the finger, which is continuously pressed (not with all the force of course) has been all to the end and received the following"

And this:

"It is clear that simply losing contact during the process! Perhaps it is better to double up a bit, removing the cost and certainly not prosovyvat thick gasket materials. Although, I had a thin celluloid."

Then I will to open and new forum with pichi's solution, not okapi's solution ... lol

:sneaky: ... it is a joke

Edited by pichi

I don't understand why you guys are shelling out extra money for the serial to TTL converters, battery packs, and whatnots. the CA-42 cable works like a charm, cost less than 6.00 with shipping, and eliminates so much guesswork. i posted the ebay seller i used on the previous page, so you know where to get one that works for sure.

36 pages deep and it still sounds so complicated - when really it is not once you know what needs to be done.

Could anybody tell me what's wrong?

I have a BSY error problem with my Seagate HDD.

I've done everything according to the instructions, but I only get obscure symbols in Terminal.

I've tried several HDDs (including some working 7200.11 drives), but I a mess of symbols on the screen or nothing at all.

I've tried the TX-RX connectors both ways and I am feeding the adapter 3,7V. My Terminal-settings are 38400 / 8 / N / 1 / None.

I used this kind of adapter:

http://www.aijaa.com/img/b/00090/3561442.jpg

Terminal shows:

http://www.aijaa.com/img/b/00607/3561364.jpg

Edited by Sorbus77

I've done everything according to the instructions, but I only get obscure symbols in Terminal.

I've tried several HDDs (including some working 7200.11 drives), but I a mess of symbols on the screen or nothing at all.

I've tried the TX-RX connectors both ways and I am feeding the adapter 3,7V. My Terminal-settings are 38400 / 8 / N / 1 / None.

Terminal shows:

Also be sure do not use any adapter to power the hard drive. I also had garbage characters when I used an adapter molex-sata. It's better use directly the sata power connector of the power supply.

Thank you very much!

Problem was the molex-adapter. I didn't even think of that possibility.

Terminal shows:

Also be sure do not use any adapter to power the hard drive. I also had garbage characters when I used an adapter molex-sata. It's better use directly the sata power connector of the power supply.

Aviko, do you know if the method/commands will work for a ST31000340AS that has SD81 firmware?

This is a HDD from a Freeagent Desktop 1TB...

Cheers!

Is it likely that my SD81 drive will run the same commands as SD15?

I have a ST3500320AS with firmware SD81. And I repaired it successfully with the exact commands. See my post HERE.

Greets.

why dont you use any gsm cable? its really easier than making whole circuit from scratch. any usb cable which detects and install as serial port (when you connect only cable without phone) will work well, rx and tx lines can be determined from phone connector pinout or just by shorting rx and tx together. then you should see what you type on terminal. if you have local echo turned on you should see all letters twice. just search any cable at home take a picture of it then i will tell you if its good or not.

is it poss to use a 12 pin SonyEricsson K750i cell phone data cable.

http://pinouts.ru/connector/12_pin_SonyEri...connector.shtml

the pinouts are:

se_k750.gif

Pin Signal Description

1 USB +5V in USB 5V supply - in K750 not used

2 SP_REF Reference

3 Mic+/AUXIN_L Microphone+ / AUX Input - left

4 Mic-/AUXIN_R Microphone- / AUX Input - right

5 DFMS/SP_L DFMS / headphone speaker - left

6 DTMS/SP_R DTMS / headphone speaker - right

7 VIDEO/STB Video / strobe

8 VPPFLASH Short to pin 9 for handsfree detection

9 GND Ground

10 CTMS / USB DATA+ CTMS / USB+ (data) - in K750 not used

11 CFMS / USB DATA- CFMS / USB- (data) - in K750 not used

12 Charge In Battery charging (+5V) - in K750 not used

Used Shortcuts:

* CTMS stands for Control To Mobile Station

* CFMS stands for Control From Mobile Station

* DTMS stands for Data To Mobile Station

* DFMS stands for Data From Mobile Station

Which pins should I use in this case - or just strip the wires and see whats there?

Thanks

Am i right in thinking that because the usb outputs 5volts i dont need a separate 3volt battery? or is 5 volts too high.

why dont you use any gsm cable? its really easier than making whole circuit from scratch. any usb cable which detects and install as serial port (when you connect only cable without phone) will work well, rx and tx lines can be determined from phone connector pinout or just by shorting rx and tx together. then you should see what you type on terminal. if you have local echo turned on you should see all letters twice. just search any cable at home take a picture of it then i will tell you if its good or not.

is it poss to use a 12 pin SonyEricsson K750i cell phone data cable.

http://pinouts.ru/connector/12_pin_SonyEri...connector.shtml

the pinouts are:

se_k750.gif

Pin Signal Description

1 USB +5V in USB 5V supply - in K750 not used

2 SP_REF Reference

3 Mic+/AUXIN_L Microphone+ / AUX Input - left

4 Mic-/AUXIN_R Microphone- / AUX Input - right

5 DFMS/SP_L DFMS / headphone speaker - left

6 DTMS/SP_R DTMS / headphone speaker - right

7 VIDEO/STB Video / strobe

8 VPPFLASH Short to pin 9 for handsfree detection

9 GND Ground

10 CTMS / USB DATA+ CTMS / USB+ (data) - in K750 not used

11 CFMS / USB DATA- CFMS / USB- (data) - in K750 not used

12 Charge In Battery charging (+5V) - in K750 not used

Used Shortcuts:

* CTMS stands for Control To Mobile Station

* CFMS stands for Control From Mobile Station

* DTMS stands for Data To Mobile Station

* DFMS stands for Data From Mobile Station

Which pins should I use in this case - or just strip the wires and see whats there?

Thanks

Am i right in thinking that because the usb outputs 5volts i dont need a separate 3volt battery? or is 5 volts too high.

This cable wont work, buy onother one that you know work. Everything you need is listed in this topic.

Go for it :)