KernelEx 4.5.2

Xeno86, Tihiy. I think, KernelEx needs a small walkthrough on how to add your own API or stub to its sources, then build it, and install your own build.

Where to add API code, if there is a need to add a new file - into which project to add it, what changes to other files should be made to add an API or stub?

Which are the naming rules?

If you want to "patch" other dll, how to do it?

What is the difference between the kexbases and kexbasen, and where to add your code?

After the successful build how to install the result?

If you made such thing, I think, you may find more contributors. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at system programming, but I want to try.

You need to restore kernel32.dll with sfc.exe or manually.

Thank you very much!!!

1) I restored KERNEL32.DLL manually;

2) Run the KernelEx 4.0 Final2 installer;

- Installation was Ok;

- I see now KERNEL32.BAK in windows/kernelex directory.

2. Edit GoogleSketchUp7.msi with Orca, delete "VersionNT>=501" in LaunchCondition

3. Run GoogleSketchUp7.msi. During installation there was a warning "Could not write value SketchUpModule to a key". I just ignored it

When running SketchUp the first time, I encountered "Create File failed for C:\windows\Temp\skpB154.TMP" too. Also the toolbars are corrupted. However these problems did not affect the functioning of the program

slhk are you using MSInstaller version2 with this MSI file?

Yes, I have Windows Installer 2.0 installed in my system

How do you install if the MSI package requires version 3 of Windows Installer? :S

How do you install if the MSI package requires version 3 of Windows Installer? :S

Sorry I did not have such experience, but I guess it would be impossible to install. Which software do you have problem with?

I can't get flash player 10 to install.... I even did the Reg mod and after running it, it will come up saying information was enter into the system reg. But the flash player setup still will not run. When I look in the reg. there is no entry made in the current version key (Folder)... so I was woundering what type of value is

"CurrentVersion"="5.1"

So I can put it in manually???

UPDATE: Never mind, I made a string called CurrentVersion and put the value as 5.1 and all installed.

Edited by jim2029

Sorry I did not have such experience, but I guess it would be impossible to install. Which software do you have problem with?

It is Acrobat Profesional 8 , the MSI keeps saying that the OS (win98) is incompatible after launching. I did edit this MSI with Orca.exe to remove all instances of Version9X EXCEPT those in Component table, there are many "downlevel_payload","downlevel_manifest","nosxs" instances with "Version9X" as condition there. It has to be deleted too?

Best Regards...

Hi!

Firefox 3.5.3 and flock 2.5.2 try running on hugarian windows 98se, with KernelEx 4.0final2.

Following result(see the pics):

t_pr0dr84mtrom_de68ad9.jpg

t_n53747n49v0m_e23e540.jpg

Buttons menus characters, and website texts not shown.

Solution ?

Edited by szakacsze

Hi!

Firefox 3.5.3 and flock 2.5.2 try running on hugarian windows 98se, with KernelEx 4.0final2.

Following result(see the pics):

t_pr0dr84mtrom_de68ad9.jpg

t_n53747n49v0m_e23e540.jpg

Buttons menus characters, and website texts not shown.

Solution ?

Problem with graphics card or memory? Same problem with emergency mode / Firefox?

That same problem also happens to me inside Virtual PC with Windows 98SE.

It seems that running the DirectX Diagnostics Tool (dxdiag) before running Firefox fixes the issue, at least temporarily. I don't know why it does, though.

Before / After dxdiag:

moz1.th.png moz2.th.png

I didn't give it any more thought since it's only a VM, but maybe szakacsze can try it and see if it helps.

That same problem also happens to me inside Virtual PC with Windows 98SE.

It seems that running the DirectX Diagnostics Tool (dxdiag) before running Firefox fixes the issue, at least temporarily. I don't know why it does, though.

Before / After dxdiag:

moz1.th.png moz2.th.png

I didn't give it any more thought since it's only a VM, but maybe szakacsze can try it and see if it helps.

??? Problem with fonts solution only with run dxdiag? Or reinstall DirectX?

@ szakacsze & AndrewNi

Could it be that after installing KernelEx and Firefox something you installed has overwritten your version of unicows?

I had some similar problem earlier this year and after reinstalling KernelEx this problem still existed.

Then I checked unicows and noticed that some other programme I installed afterwards must have overwritten unicows with some older version. After changing that everything worked fine again.