Vize 2

W3bbo

The workload required for Vize is less than I originally anticipated, which is nice. Making a port of Vize to run on Anolis Installer shouldn't take more than 2 days work.

It's currently my exam season, but I'll be free by early June, by then I'll be able to make Vize 2. I don't run Vista as my main OS (I only have it in a VM) and I'll be skipping straight to Windows 7, bypassing Vista) so I won't be able to test any Aero Glass features. So if anyone would like to register interest in testing Vize 2, let me know.

I like the idea of skipping vista and straight to windows 7. Am interested in testing vize 2, but i only run 64bit windows due to my 8gb ram. If vize 2 has support for x64 then let me know, am willing to test and give you feedbacks.

btw good luck with your exams!

I dont think it will matter, vista and 7 are the same...only difference will be in the icon pack wich is easy to update

I'm interested to look into the differences between Vista x64 and x86. XPx64 and XPx86 are noticably different since one's NT5.2 and the other is NT5.1.

BTW, just to make it clear to everyone: when I talk of skipping Vista and moving on to 7, I mean I won't be using Vista as my own personal main OS, I'll still be making Vize 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that the original website is gone, can someone please post a speal on what vize (and vize2) actually is and does? I've just found this forum (coming from vlite) and am trying to piece together what this project is about.

Now that the original website is gone, can someone please post a speal on what vize (and vize2) actually is and does? I've just found this forum (coming from vlite) and am trying to piece together what this project is about.

The original website isn't gone, it's still up: http://www.vizeos.net

• 2 weeks later...
i hope Vize also works with Windos 7

Windows 7 have many non-Vista/7 UI too

I've configured Vize so it won't install on Windows 7, this is by design (although you can always use the /ignoreCondition switch to force an install, this is not recommended, however). There will be a separate project for Windows 7 once it hits RTM in later August.