"XP Recovery"

Hi! I have forgot my admin password and unable to login xp it says "Did u forget ur password"

Pl. help me because there are many important files in it. I don't want to format OS. :thumbup

Edited by gamehead200
Removed unnecessary formatting. Please re-read the forum rules, specifically rule 11.

How does one forget their admin password? /me looks @ amar32145 suspiciously

You will need something like Winternals ERD Commander

I too find your request highly suspicious... Ophcrack is an opensource solution to the $$$ Winternals ERD Commander. If you are in a legitimate need to recover a password from your own system, that's one thing, but if you're planning to hack someone's admin password, think twice about this behavior as it can get you into trouble!

Edited by graysky

• 1 month later...

I use ERD and it now comes as part of MDOP.

There are other tools out there that will do it.

It makes me laugh about security, when I can crack anyones Window password in a matter of seconds.

No machine is safe with local accounts.

• 1 month later...
Hi! I have forgot my admin password and unable to login xp it says "Did u forget ur password"

Pl. help me because there are many important files in it. I don't want to format OS. :thumbup

How does one forget their admin password? /me looks @ amar32145 suspiciously
I too find your request highly suspicious... Ophcrack is an opensource solution to the $$$ Winternals ERD Commander. If you are in a legitimate need to recover a password from your own system, that's one thing, but if you're planning to hack someone's admin password, think twice about this behavior as it can get you into trouble!

It seems that there is a lot of, as yet unfounded, suspicion. I`d like to think that this is`nt the norm. Truth is often stranger than fiction. :unsure:

I did the same thing & am sure I know what I tried 2 put, but must have miss-typed it the same way twice.! I tried 2 check out, `Ophcrack` that graysky suggested, page wouldn`t load.! I intend 2 try the, `Winternals ERD`, sometime if I can get it.

Thanks, iamtheky for http://www.piotrbania.com/all/kon-boot I have dl`d & burnt, `konboot`, will try it & report back.

Up till now I`ve repeatedly tried different key combinations of the same, (or adjacent), characters until I was blue in the face. On several different occasions. I had 2 give up in the end & reinstall a second, (the same XP again), OS. So now I boot to a choice of OS`s, (XP or XP).! I can get into one & not the other. I now have windows & windows.0 folders. I can see my folder though I can`t access it in any way.

I`ve had 2 reinstall several of the same programs, (some of them more than once.!), on a separate partition. I don`t know if it`s the reason that one day all my .exe files dissapeared, leaving only dodgy shortcuts, Shorts.doc.

I tried to do a HawkPE-42-7z disk, dl`d & burnt it, changed boot sequence, booted with Hawk, didn`t work. Tried with a download of, Windows_Password_Reset_6.0, it was a demo, no functionality. Tried 1 or 2 other recovery programs that I could get my hands on, no joy. :no:

I know someone who says that he`s got the tools to do it, though I`ll throw a few more things at it myself over the next few days & hope I can get some help here.

What say the people..?

Edited by wyz1

• 7 years later...