Ask your Seven xml ? here

Another of my programs that some use. I've added a new feature

download from my link in my Sig

'Jump2reg 3.0.0 February 15, 2013, 12:24:35 PM

' Fix to add a right click 'Jump2reg with key'. Merge reg file if you want to use that

' Copy a reg key then right click anywhere on desktop or white space in any folder or drive

' Credit to Mr Jinje for initial code I modified.

' To work it now installs the Jump2reg.exe in Windows directory

' Fix to use registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jump2Reg for writing 'Lastkey' instead of ini

post-9484-0-70192600-1361439097_thumb.pn

If you use Appswitch.dat then update entry to

[Jump2reg]
REM http://veegertx.com/files/jump2reg.php?
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Jump2reg 3.0.0 x64 Aware" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C Start /Wait %SystemDrive%\APPS\Jump2reg\Jump2regsetup3.0.0 /SILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "REGEDIT /S %SystemDrive%\APPS\Jump2reg\OpenJump2regwithkey.reg" /f
FLAG2=%windir%\Jump2Reg.J2R

Tested and working on Windows 8 with UAC ON

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 1 month later...

Question: does computer name have to different from user name? I am getting some weird behavior here.

(specialize)

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
<ComputerName>Octopuss</ComputerName>
<ShowWindowsLive>false</ShowWindowsLive>
<ProductKey></ProductKey>
</component>

(oobe)

<UserAccounts>
<AdministratorPassword>
<Value>*</Value>
</AdministratorPassword>
<LocalAccounts>
<LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
<Name>Octopuss</Name>
<DisplayName>Octopuss</DisplayName>
<Group>Administrators</Group>
<Password>
<Value></Value>
</Password>
</LocalAccount>
</LocalAccounts>
</UserAccounts>
<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Username>Octopuss</Username>
<LogonCount>3</LogonCount>
<Password>
<Value></Value>
</Password>
</AutoLogon>

I am getting prompted for user name and it wouldn't let me choose Octopuss saying it's already in use. If I type in something else, it results in standard account type without any of the customizations that should be there.

Edited by TheWalrus

Oh. Okay. Simple solution to that :)

One more thing I've been trying to figure out (and it might very well not be possible). Is there any registry or whatever setting that controls the "replace generic device icons with enhanced blabla" option under Windows Update driver settings? The general values on that page are controlled - I believe - by the "Protect your computer" settings, but I can't seem to google up anything about the former thing.

replace generic device icons with enhanced

to put a check in that box

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Device Metadata]

"PreventDeviceMetadataFromNetwork"=dword:00000000

Edited by maxXPsoft

Another minor thing I am curious about.

Is there a way to somehow set user account picture during unattended installation?

Not trough unnatend but trough OEM folders:

$OEM$\$1\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\user.bmp will be the main user picture. You can include others in Default Pictures folder in the same folder.

Let me know if anything is unclear.

That's probably not exactly what I meant.

I didn't ask how to set account picture for account called user, I meant user account (or just accout) in general. In fact, I had an account with specific name in mind.

I didn't ask how to set account picture for account called user, I meant user account (or just accout) in general. In fact, I had an account with specific name in mind.

How many accounts do you create?

You can set the default picture with user.bmp (all users will have this) but as far as i know there is no way to set pic for a specific user. I suspect this setting might be stored on ntuser.dat and not in registry. Atleast thats the impression i got when i tried to set the icon order in the notification area.

I used regshot to capture registry from before and after i changed the order. I suppose you could do the same with the account picture to see if its location is stored in the registry.

http://sourceforge.n...ojects/regshot/

actually not done in the reg so we can do this

Use a more advanced reg and file change program like InstallwatchPro_Inno.zip available in my Signature Download ++>. Still works on Win 8

Take ownership of say like this file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures\usertile10.bmp. Replace with same size

Change the picture to the usertile10.bmp

Place that in the $OEM$\$1\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures\usertile10.bmp

User is not created till desktop loads so we can do this during Firstlogoncommands

Copy the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Contacts\YOURUSERNAME.contact somewhere to $OEM$ so we can copy during install

Copy YOURUSERNAME.contact to here C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Contacts\YOURUSERNAME.contact

EDIT: I haven't tested this but it should work. Might be able to even create the $OEM$\$1\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Contacts folder and it may work. I'll try myself soon

Just copying the files to OEM doesn't work, files are present but image was default. Might have to try with Firstlogoncommands. Or either figure out the command to register the .contact file

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to somehow set user account picture during unattended installation?

Heh I doubted it was possible, and apparently it's not :D And if so, it's probably not worth the pain in the a** :D

Fully 100% possible.

I have discovered really easy method which works instantly. I may make a separate post for this soon.

It may not work for first login but it will replace this after that. I have to test in Firstlogoncommands which will take me a bit

Edited by maxXPsoft