How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

update the BIOS to 5206 and try to use the GPU in the 2nd PCIe x16 slot (no matter what is written in the manual). if you don't play games, you can also remvoe the 9800 completely and use the HD7540d which is included in the AMD CPU.

I didn't forget about this! I just got caught up in the middle of a project and didn't want to risk boot problems before I was done if updating the BIOS went south. I'm going to try the BIOS update first, because I do play games so the on-board Radeon isn't really an option. I will move the cards around as a last resort, mainly because I'm worried that moving the video card lower will give it less airflow.

Anyway, I'll do another xperf trace after updating the BIOS and PM it to you. :)

Clearly sptd.sys is the problem. Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it?

remove the driver with the installer:

http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/

Thanks, hopefully I don't need it for anything ;)

The nusb3xhc.sys (Reneas USB3 Host Controller Driver) also seems to be a problem, causing latency up to 500us and execution time of 0.5 but I think that might only happen when actually transferring files to/from a USB3 stick plugged in, so I can live with that if so.

EDIT: Whilst it hovers around 20-40 a lot of the time now, it still spikes to 100 and even 400-500 quite regularly. Note that storport.sys only appeared at the top of the list after I launched Iron, which has about 30 tabs open in it.

20130411151024.png

20130411151033.png

Edited by doveman

where can i locate that file??

here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit

EDIT: Whilst it hovers around 20-40 a lot of the time now, it still spikes to 100 and even 400-500 quite regularly.

everything under 1000µs is not really critical.

my cpu usage still 100% what should i do i followed the all the steps.. i already update my bios and chipset drivers...

upload the generated .ETL file (compresed as zip/RAR/7z) if you're unsure.

where can i locate that file??

here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit

EDIT: Whilst it hovers around 20-40 a lot of the time now, it still spikes to 100 and even 400-500 quite regularly.

everything under 1000µs is not really critical.

my cpu usage still 100% what should i do i followed the all the steps.. i already update my bios and chipset drivers...

upload the generated .ETL file (compresed as zip/RAR/7z) if you're unsure.

i cant upload the DPC_Interrupt.ETL because its to big