Release 7

W3bbo

waiting eagerly ;)

plz how to let Xpize make SP3 theme patch un uA installation of SP3?

The UxTheme.dll patcher built-in to xpize 5 supports Windows XP from RTM through to SP3, and you can only install xpize 5 on an SP3 system so there would never be a case where you'd install SP3 after installing xpize, unless you're refering to XPize 4.7, which I recommend uninstalling before installing SP3, or better yet: reformat your system.

waiting eagerly ;)

plz how to let Xpize make SP3 theme patch un uA installation of SP3?

The UxTheme.dll patcher built-in to xpize 5 supports Windows XP from RTM through to SP3, and you can only install xpize 5 on an SP3 system so there would never be a case where you'd install SP3 after installing xpize, unless you're refering to XPize 4.7, which I recommend uninstalling before installing SP3, or better yet: reformat your system.

am using Xpize5b6 via the patching method but even though I still can't apply unsigned MS themes like (Luna Roayle)

why we can't let xpize make a default theme for us?

Good to know you're still working on it :)

My only suggestions are: support for patching Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 and some kind of Reloader. Maybe the "Generic" style I proposed some time ago would be nice too but that's not a priority.

PS Happy holidays ;)

One wish for the new release: make option - do not modify the boot screen.

All versions xpize including the latest breaking my boot screen, even if I did not set a new boot screen in instalator.

Example: programs like PerfectDisk or PartitonManager perform their "offline" functions and displays the state of work immediately after the boot screen,

with xpize it happens but as it were "under" the boot screen.

So it is impossible to check the status of the same chkdsk, or monitor these service program's.

Hello again.. it's Already done and posted.. just search for 32-bit icon patch for regedit... in XPize subforum..

I've seen that, but I'm not sure this could be done through xpize patcher, hence I've asked :). Also... I'm not comfortable with reshacker and other such programs. Could someone upload patched Regedit and Taskmgr with 32 bit patched and with resources replaced (with xpize-style icons) please? :blushing:

One wish for the new release: make option - do not modify the boot screen.

All versions xpize including the latest breaking my boot screen, even if I did not set a new boot screen in instalator.

Example: programs like PerfectDisk or PartitonManager perform their "offline" functions and displays the state of work immediately after the boot screen,

with xpize it happens but as it were "under" the boot screen.

So it is impossible to check the status of the same chkdsk, or monitor these service program's.

I second this request, at least make the option to NOT change the boot screen extremely visible! :-)

Hello again.. it's Already done and posted.. just search for 32-bit icon patch for regedit... in XPize subforum..

I've seen that, but I'm not sure this could be done through xpize patcher, hence I've asked :). Also... I'm not comfortable with reshacker and other such programs. Could someone upload patched Regedit and Taskmgr with 32 bit patched and with resources replaced (with xpize-style icons) please? :blushing:

this is it!! (for EN-US XP SP3 only): xpized files

good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone has any suggestions that haven't already been posted on the Release 6 thread, I'd like to hear them.

Well, maybe my wishes have been ask before...

I would love to see:

- easy slipstreaming alongside with nlite usage

- Luna Element 5.0.5 inclusion (I really like this non-shiny theme!)

=> Luna Element 5.0.5 and 5.1 are definitely the best visual styles ever! - It would be better to drop the Zune theme and include both Luna Element styles instead. :)

Edited by MrBusty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably you can replace TaskSwitchXP with VistaSwitcher.

----

TaskSwitchXP Is Outdated. Get A Better Alt-Tab Here →

VistaSwitcher is a reincarnation of TaskSwitchXP, the key new features include:

- Outstanding UI, semi-transparent backgrounds and antialiased fonts

- Live window and desktop previews under Windows Vista and 7

- Despite the name, it works on Windows XP too ;))

VistaSwitcher runs under Windows XP/Vista and 7. There is also a native 64-bit version available for download. The program integrates into Windows natively and runs without any compatibility issues.

----

source:

http://www.ntwind.com/software/taskswitchxp.html

http://www.ntwind.com/software/vistaswitcher.html

Tempting, but VistaSwitcher doesn't seem to have the old XP-style that TaskSwitchXP has; remember that xpize is about making XP more like XP and not with those out-of-place Vista and 2000 bits.

• 2 weeks later...