UniExtract 1.6.1 in development - info requested

Unfortunately, I cannot specify the reference to all these components, they have been found by me and other users UE in a network.

Download msi.wcx under the reference specified by you and look at a file pluginst.inf. There version 1.2.1 is specified. Probably silent updating.

OK. thanks for the info. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can find the sources myself. Would be helpful going forward as well.

After some additional research:

aspackdie - appears to be 1.41, which is the same version I have included in UniExtract

stuffit expander - can't find any indication that this allows free redistribution; witholding for now

msi.wcx - updated, good catch

unlzx - appears to be 2.12, whereas I have 2.16 already included in UniExtract

aspackdie - appears to be 1.41, which is the same version I have included in UniExtract

Apearances can mislead. The one used by gora also tell you it's v. 1.41 and has the selfsame size, but its "PE Timestamp" is 04/15/2009 11:18:09 AM UTC and its internal strings show it supports Aspack 2.2, in addition to the other formats the version (PE Timestamp 11/25/2002 02:35:44 PM UTC) you used in the Universal Extractor 1.6 also supports. So it really is an update, despite initial appearances. :yes:

By the same token, gora's unlzx has a PE Timestamp 12/15/2000 04:49:57 PM UTC, while the version Universal Extractor 1.6 has a PE Timestamp 08/02/2000 02:17:44 PM UTC... So it's more tenuous, but I bet it's really is an update, too. :yes:

stuffit expander - can't find any indication that this allows free redistribution; witholding for now

msi.wcx - updated, good catch

Thanks for explanations.

Some lines while translating are not located in the place taken away by it in windows:

orgin.png

modif.png

Whether it is possible to increase a few a window?

If msi2xml.exe now it is not used, lines:

METHOD_MSI_NOTE_LABEL = "Note:"
METHOD_MSI_REQUIRES_LABEL = "msi2xml requires the"
METHOD_MSI_URL_LABEL = "MSXML 6.0 Parser"

It is possible to exclude?

Investigation has shown that AspackDie.exe was is taken from this assemblage

Edited by gora

Apearances can mislead.... So it's more tenuous, but I bet it's really is an update, too. :yes:

I don't disagree with you, but I prefer to stick with official versions where possible. And yes, I know "official" itself is a somewhat tenuous description of some of the utilities included in UniExtract (aspackdie included), but still... if I can't track back the package to a somewhat official source (or in this case any source), and there's no clear advantage to using the "newer" versions, then I'd rather stick with what I have and know works. Feel free to call me paranoid.

Some lines while translating are not located in the place taken away by it in windows:

<SNIP>

Whether it is possible to increase a few a window?

Sorry, gora, I don't quite follow you. I did remove that line on purpose, because msi2xml is the only thing that depended on MSXML and I've removed msi2xml. I also removed the extra padding I included in that GUI so that it'd match the other MethodSelect GUIs (this is the only one that had the extra download line). I'm not sure what you mean about whether it's possible to "increase a few a window".

Investigation has shown that AspackDie.exe was is taken from this assemblage

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I'm not sure what you mean about whether it's possible to "increase a few a window".

On the second screenshot I have selected red, that was not located in "standard" window UE.

On the second screenshot I have selected red, that was not located in "standard" window UE.

Oh, are you talking about the horizontal space to the left of the OK and Cancel buttons? If you want me to increase that for translated text, yes, I can do that. I thought you were referring to the vertical space where I removed the MSXML link.

Edit: How's this?

uniextract_resized.png

Edited by nitro322

Yes, the horizontal, but also on a vertical too is not enough place. The text should be compressed to the detriment of grammar.

Edit:

English has 4 lines, Russian has 5 lines of the text!

Edited by gora

Yes, the horizontal, but also on a vertical too is not enough place. The text should be compressed to the detriment of grammar.

OK, gotcha. I added another 10 pixels in between, added some padding to the English to test a fifth line, and it looks good now. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks!

At unpacking NSIS installer (7z910.exe), flashes the window in which text too is not located, but it is impossible to make a screenshot. Look at it, please.

Edited by gora

OK, just for the record, this has not been a quick and easy update. But, I think it'll be worthwhile at least, and I hope all of you agree.

I found a few more concerns while working on the code earlier tonight, and so I decided to do my full regression testing after all. Good thing I did - I found quite a few problems, mostly in edge cases, but still... I want this to be as stable as possible. I fixed all of the problems I found and added a few more enhancements here and there as I thought of them.

I'm also pleased to say that I was able to work in the "better success criteria" previously discussed. It's not perfect, but it's a big step forward. The way I ended up doing it was actually pretty simple once it came to me - if extracting to an existing directory, check the timestamp before and after extraction and then compare it. If they match, the extraction (probably) failed. It's not exact, though - it'll catch most files if they are overwritten, but not if the user decides to skip the files. It'll also fail if all files are extracted into subdirectories (since the parent directory is never modified), and, for whatever reason, some utilities just don't seem to update the directory modification time, even though files in that directory seem to be getting overwritten. Anyway, like I said, it's not perfect, but it's an improvement. Suggestions for future improvement are welcome.

I still have some concerns about the new 7-Zip .exe resource extraction. I ended up reordering 7-zip extraction; it's now pushed back until the end of the External PEiD scan (which itself comes after the Deep and Hardcore scans). This should hopefully give other, more appropriate utilities the chance to operate first before 7-Zip rips it up.

With all these changes, I'm posting one more beta. If at all possible, please download it, throw as many test files at it as you can, and let me know how it works (good or bad). Pending any negative feedback, the only thing I have left to do is include some translation updates (gora - I can include your Russion translation if you send it my way), which I'll take care of tomorrow night, then package and upload the final release.

Here's the new beta link:

http://www.legroom.net/public/uniextract161beta2_noinst.rar

And the list of final changes (might be some dupes):

Changed 7-Zip unpacking behavior;
now attempts brute force extraction only after External PEiD scan;
change due to aggressive .exe resource extraction in new versions
Changed following formats to call 7z by name (also see 7-Zip debug comment):
bz2, chm, gz, tar, Z
Fixed InstallShield 5.x regression from 1.6 preventing successful extraction
Fixed bug in extraction of non-TAR LZW compressed files
Removed Windows NT 4.0 support from installer
Removed debug output for 7-Zip, arj, hlp;
buffers output, preventing proper user feedback and input prompts
Updated success/fail detection to check output directory timestamp;
can detect cases where files are overwritten, which old method missed;
will still consider failed if user chooses not to overwrite files,
or if all files are written to a subdirectory of the output directory
Updated RPM and DEB support to extract interim CPIO and TAR files
Updated FEAD support to workaround read-only permission issue
Updated some UniExtract window sizes for better internationalization support
Updated AutoIt to 3.3.6.1 and replaced deprecated _ArrayCreate UDF
Updated MSI WCX to 1.2.1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Please stick with me one more day so we can get this wrapped up.

Edited by nitro322

At unpacking NSIS installer (7z910.exe), flashes the window in which text too is not located, but it is impossible to make a screenshot. Look at it, please.

If you're referring to the splash text windows (eg., "Extracting files from: NullSoft Installer installer"), I actually increased the width of these last night. I don't remember if it was before or after I released the beta, though. Give it a shot with beta2 and let me know how it looks. It seems ok to me.

Give it a shot with beta2 and let me know how it looks. It seems ok to me.

Testing InstallExplorer Installer

Òåñòèðîâàíèå InstallExplorer èíñòàëëÿòîðà

The Russian text more long also is not located in single line (two lines turn out) and the second line is visible not completely on a vertical.

Òåñòèðîâàíèå InstallExplorer
èíñòàëëÿòîðà

What means "merge module"? An example?

The Russian text more long also is not located in single line (two lines turn out) and the second line is visible not completely on a vertical.
Òåñòèðîâàíèå InstallExplorer
èíñòàëëÿòîðà

What means "merge module"? An example?

Alright, I'll look into this.

Merge modules (in this context) are Windows Installer components. Details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369820%28VS.85%29.aspx