Win 7 Embedded LocalAccount problem

I have created an unattend.xml for Windows Embedded 7 Standard 64bit product in the same way I did it before for Win 7 Pro. I want to add a new user automatically during setup, and this was working fine for Win 7 Pro. I used the same settings as before and my Image Configuration Editor (part of the embedded toolkit) verifies the file correctly. However, when I update the unattend.xml in Panther directory of my image and attempt sysprep, it fails at the line where LocalAccount is specified (see code). The code segment is given as:

<UserAccounts>

<LocalAccounts>

<LocalAccount wcm:action="add"> <- sysprep fails at this line

<Password>

<Value>dgBlAHYAbwBQAGEAcwBzAHcAbwByAGQA</Value>

<PlainText>false</PlainText>

</Password>

<Name>vs-user</Name>

<DisplayName>vs-user</DisplayName>

<Description>vs-user</Description>

<Group>Users</Group>

</LocalAccount>

</LocalAccounts>

</UserAccounts>

If I remove LocalAccount segment and leave everything else, sysprep passes fine (although I don't get what I want :) )

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by nebule

Is this not documented in the help files that come with the trial?

The unattend is different for W7e. Unforunately I don't think you can get official help without getting in touch with an Embedded Partner. They are not always helpful in my experience.

The unattend is different for W7e. Unforunately I don't think you can get official help without getting in touch with an Embedded Partner. They are not always helpful in my experience.

I'm not using a trial, this is the released stuff that we purchased a month ago. I'm not using the old unattend.xml. I created completely new one using w7e toolkit, and edited those points of interest as before using the toolkit. The new toolkit verified the file and reported no errors. Finally, as I said, when I run sysprep it fails verification. Looks like a bug to me, I have no other explanation.

I'm not using a trial, this is the released stuff that we purchased a month ago. I'm not using the old unattend.xml. I created completely new one using w7e toolkit, and edited those points of interest as before using the toolkit. The new toolkit verified the file and reported no errors. Finally, as I said, when I run sysprep it fails verification. Looks like a bug to me, I have no other explanation.

You should be contacting your Embedded Partner. Usually your MS Rep or where you bought the Embedded kit from can tell you which Embedded Partner to contact. They have the best information on how to use the product.

You should be contacting your Embedded Partner. Usually your MS Rep or where you bought the Embedded kit from can tell you which Embedded Partner to contact. They have the best information on how to use the product.

My contact was unavailable at the time, but just replied to me. I will post the solution should they help.

Edited by nebule

My contact was unavailable at the time, but just replied to me. I will post the solution should they help.

Make sure you ask permission to post a solution! A lot of info from Embedded OSes are communicated under NDA.

• 2 weeks later...