About Changing xp default user picture

Kamrul08

I want to change XP default User Picture that will be fixed after xp installation. Is it possible to change it by regedit or any way?

Make a bmp file base on actual username. The bmp file should be 48x48x24b and put it as below location.

Example:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Geej.bmp

No reg tweak required.

I had it done via HFGUIRunonce (using HFslip) but you can try svcpack.inf or RunonceEx route.

Cheers

I had it done via HFGUIRunonce (using HFslip) but you can try svcpack.inf or RunonceEx route.

Thanks a lot for quick reply. What is HFGUIRunonce and RunonceEx route? Would you like to illustrate it please. There is no option to set user picture in svcpack.inf.

I'm going to make a xp cd using nlite. For default user picture I've already made a picture (bmp 48x48) as you described above. Please help.

What is HFGUIRunonce and RunonceEx route? Would you like to illustrate it please. There is no option to set user picture in svcpack.inf.

I'm going to make a xp cd using nlite. For default user picture I've already made a picture (bmp 48x48) as you described above. Please help.

HFGUIRunonce is for HFSLIP only. Not useful at all if you are using nlite

RunOnceEx over here. Applicable to all slipstreamers

You are right, there is no option to set user picture in svcpack.inf. However, you can create an addon using WINRAR or 7ztools (Like most of applications addon that install via svcpack). U can download some sample addon to see and learn.

Basically, just sfx your picture file and then extract to "%allusersprofiles%\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures".

'Geej'

Thanks a lot for good advises. I tried many way to fix the picture. For example, I've made a picture named guitar.bmp and replaced it into i386 folder of Xp. But I could see my image once trying 5 times and left 4 times I could see another picture there like chess.bmp, ball.bmp etc. Second way, I've made replace command to replace the picture into "%allusersprofiles%\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures". But dos command doesn't support a directory of 3 part. For example "User Account Pictures" is a name of 3 parts. So I couldn't find any way to do the job.

'Geej'

Thanks a lot for good advises. I tried many way to fix the picture. For example, I've made a picture named guitar.bmp and replaced it into i386 folder of Xp. But I could see my image once trying 5 times and left 4 times I could see another picture there like chess.bmp, ball.bmp etc. Second way, I've made replace command to replace the picture into "%allusersprofiles%\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures". But dos command doesn't support a directory of 3 part. For example "User Account Pictures" is a name of 3 parts. So I couldn't find any way to do the job.

Here is an idea (not tested though) to make default pictures use the same picture. Just keep 1 picture only and delete the rest of pictures provided by MS. For example, "%allusersprofiles%\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures" should have only 1 guitar.bmp. (which is your choiced picture)

Post your batch file command regarding your problem with batch file. There are many batch experts here who are most willing to help if you bother to post your batch script.

Edited by Geej

Here is an idea (not tested though) to make default pictures use the same picture. Just keep 1 picture only and delete the rest of pictures provided by MS. For example, "%allusersprofiles%\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures" should have only 1 guitar.bmp. (which is your choiced picture)

Post your batch file command regarding your problem with batch file. There are many batch experts here who are most willing to help if you bother to post your batch script.

Good idea. But I also tried this way. The fact that, if you delete any file from the folder i386 provided by MS, you will get missing file message in the time of installation of XP. I can make batch file command and no problem in this moment with command. I've already made many batch file command with successfully to customize my XP CD. I'm trying to fix the picture still. Thanks for your heartily comments.

The fact that, if you delete any file from the folder i386 provided by MS, you will get missing file message in the time of installation of XP.

I mean delete rest of pictures at svcpack.inf stage (T13). Pictures get copied at around T18, hence you delete it at T13. There won't be any file missing mesage at time of installation then.

Cheers

The fact that, if you delete any file from the folder i386 provided by MS, you will get missing file message in the time of installation of XP.

I mean delete rest of pictures at svcpack.inf stage (T13). Pictures get copied at around T18, hence you delete it at T13. There won't be any file missing mesage at time of installation then.

Cheers

Yes, that's good idea. I didn't think it before. I'll try that.