Problem with unattended Installation - no key and autologon

Hi all,

i am trying to create an unattended installation for Windows 7 using WAIK to create an autounattend.xml

Everything works so far, but i am stuck at the end of the installation and everything i searched about this topic did not help.

I was hoping someone here might be so kind to give me some hints in the right direction.

Here is my problem:

My autounattend.xml should work for x86 and x64 and allow for a completely unattended setup, so that windows installation ends with the desktop of my created user, as it would when installing manually.

Everything works fine untill the second reboot of windows setup.

Windows starts up and still wants me to enter username (i would like to have a default user with no PWD) and key (i want to set it later) and so on.

I set to never ask for a key by setting

<UserData>

<ProductKey>

<Key></Key>

<WillShowUI>Never</WillShowUI>

</ProductKey>

</UserData>

and I have tried every combination of options to create and autologon a new user (which was created but can not log in with or without the password) but I could not get it to work.

I attached my xml file (which works fine but does not contain the last not working steps).

maybe someone can extend the xml with the missing settings or point me to the right instructions..

Any help is apreciated, thanks everyone !

autounattend.zip

I set to never ask for a key by setting

<UserData>

<ProductKey>

<Key></Key>

<WillShowUI>Never</WillShowUI>

</ProductKey>

</UserData>

Meanwhile i found out that i need to set a valid product key for this to work...but i would like to set no key at all...

Maybe i can set the trial key, but this still will make setup install the windows version related to the product key, so i can no longer select the edition i want to install at the beginning of the setup...

Edit: setting the trial key works, but it also sets which edition will be installed...

Edited by allow

so i can no longer select the edition i want to install at the beginning of the setup...

I also use this in my autounattend;

<ImageInstall>

<OSImage>

<InstallFrom>

<MetaData wcm:action="add">

<Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>

</MetaData>

</InstallFrom>

<InstallToAvailablePartition>false</InstallToAvailablePartition>

<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>

</OSImage>

</ImageInstall>